Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
mimirabbit
mimirabbit can extract oil from cheesemimirabbit can extract oil from cheesemimirabbit can extract oil from cheesemimirabbit can extract oil from cheesemimirabbit can extract oil from cheesemimirabbit can extract oil from cheesemimirabbit can extract oil from cheesemimirabbit can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Touch
Cleaning the back

Hello!

I recently purchased a white and purple Kobo Touch. After reading with it for about 2 weeks, the quilted purple back started turning a brown-ish colour. I've tried soap and water, yet it refuses to come off. What should I do? Things like this really bug me (I have a minor disorder), and my Kobo is getting more brown as I read more with it.

Thanks!

Last edited by mimirabbit; 08-31-2012 at 08:48 PM.
mimirabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
I don't know what the answer is for cleaning...

But would it be okay to put a skin on the back?
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
mimirabbit
mimirabbit can extract oil from cheesemimirabbit can extract oil from cheesemimirabbit can extract oil from cheesemimirabbit can extract oil from cheesemimirabbit can extract oil from cheesemimirabbit can extract oil from cheesemimirabbit can extract oil from cheesemimirabbit can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Touch
Hmm, I think so. I'll think about buying one!

Also, I was reading about this certain problem, and it actually might be cause by the Roots brand Kobo case I purchased along with it. Supposedly, it rubs onto the back of your Kobo, and permanently stains it a copper/brown colour. Ugh. Oh well, at least it's not white on the back. I'll try to get a different case sooner or later.

By the way, here's the link to that Roots case I bought:

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/ereadi...3103-item.html
mimirabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:03 AM   #4
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

Removes almost anything. Ink off walls, grime embedded in linoleum, soap scum off porcelain.
I buy them in bulk...

~SHOULD~ be safe on the textured back out the Kobo.

If you're anything like me, even knowing it's brown under the skin would bother you...
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:56 AM   #5
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I find hand wipes (sachet) work. Like the kind you get the KFC (although I get mine from Guzman y Gomez).
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Say love I'm going to pop down under to Guzman y Gomez for a little Mexican food.

Why not Taco Bell?

Guzman has great free hand wipes and I hear it's a great trip.

Have fun dear.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #7
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Oh, filmo. Do be sure to bring back enough for all of us...
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote