Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
Good app for reading comic (.cbr files)

I see some of you have mentioned native support for cbr files but when i try to import one into the kobo library its not recognised, which app do you use to read comics in the cbr format?
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Perfect Viewer all the way.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikexp View Post
Perfect Viewer all the way.
Link to where i can download it?
Old 11-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
I user perfect viewer too. Great app.

You can download it here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=815241
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
Not the last version.
http://dandroidtabletpc.com/download...roid-apk.html/
http://www.google.ca/search?client=o...w=1440&bih=790
Old 11-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #6
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
You would have thought they would have updated their thread - didn't even look at the version.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #7
spikexp
Connoisseur

I always go look at the app on the android market to know the last version number.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #8
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
The latest version is 1.7.0.2. The developer's website with direct APK downloads is as follows:

https://sites.google.com/site/rookiestudio/

It's the best viewer for CBR, CBZ, or any zipped images I can think of. Does PDF too.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:10 PM   #9
blacknirvana
Connoisseur

Thanks seems to work awesome wil play with it later
Old 02-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #10
Darkestash
Darkestash began at the beginning.

Hi all,
I apologize in advance if there is an obvious solution to my problem. I have a Kobo Vox, downloaded Perfect Viewer(latest version), loaded up .cbr comic files to SDcard, SDcard shows as mounted on device but no luck do I have in seeing the comics. Device recognizes the cards volume info but only picks up a default 'Lost' folder.

I have tried putting files in a seperate folder, that folder and even just the individual files non-folder contained but to no avail.

Any assistance would be appreciated,
Cheers!
Darkestash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #11
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Did you use the open file command in perfect viewer and then browse to the location of the cbrs?

And are you talking about an external card or the internal one? Realize that /sdcard is actually the internal card. External card is at /extsd, /mnt/extsd or something similar.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #12
Darkestash

Ty for the quick reply. The micro SD card was an external, sorry I should have stated that to avoid confusion. I believe that was the feature I was using (showed file folders including KoboPegasus, the aformentioned Lost mystery folder on external card and a slew of others on device).
Am enroute home now to retry, I gave up yesterday after some frustration.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #13
Darkestash

Thhank you Mr_Nobody! Seems I was thinking the Open File tile on initial start up screen of PV. Using the 5th icon (folder with arrow up) gave me more folders which low and behold contained the type you specified.

Much obliged for the assistance! I will now go to the corner with my dunce cap.

Thanks again for the prompt assist.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #14
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Yeah, apparently it started out somewhere below where you wanted to be in the directory structure (which makes sense...if it starts out in /sdcard and you need to get to /extsd, you need to go up a level!).
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote