Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 05:46 PM   #16
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Lincoln Parish is part of the GreenGold Library system which Shreveport accepts. It may be an option although driving to Shreveport may be required.

You can call and after explaining your situation may offer to send you a card by mail.

It may be worth contacting East Baton Rouge and offer to buy a card if they would do so by mail.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #17
branchedout
branchedout began at the beginning.

Device: Soon-to-be K3
Thanks Fbone, so much! I had no clue what to search in google!
branchedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #18
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Amazon offers a conversion service - even free of charge if you send it to your @free.amazon.com account - will that work for library books? Could I borrow an Epub book from a library, send it to Amazon and receive a readable AZW file to my Kindle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Re: @free.kindle.com conversion service.

Not really. ePub is not on the list of accepted file formats for conversion, though PDF is.

The Kindle conversion service also does not work for DRM'ed items, which means it won't work on library books, regardless of the filetype.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:07 AM   #19
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
So as a Kindle owner I'm basically screwed from behind if I want to borrow a library book, unless I want to screw them back? Sumethin' for a little sumethin' obviously. And I always thought that the library world was a female dominion.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:10 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
So as a Kindle owner I'm basically screwed from behind if I want to borrow a library book, unless I want to screw them back? Sumethin' for a little sumethin' obviously. And I always thought that the library world was a female dominion.
With respect, though, this is why it's important to do your research before buying a reading device. If using library books is important to you, the Kindle isn't a good choice, and you could have found this out before ordering one.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:24 AM   #21
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
It isn't. I don't mind buying my books. It would however be a nice amenity to borrow library books once in a while. Besides, when you are an E-book virgin, it isn't really that easy to get hold of that kind of information. I did not discover this site until after I had my Kindle. Not only that, but a quick glance would have lead me to believe that the discussions here are primarily about reading on mobile phones, not E-readers.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote