Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 05:50 AM   #76
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Now on to conversion.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #77
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
That will happen soon, I am sure. And it will boost Amazon's business.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 11:57 PM   #78
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Now on to conversion.
I'm interested in the ability to convert to Topaz. Most people don't have time to OCR and correct scanned documents and it would be a nice to be able to convert PDFs to a reflowable format.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:49 AM   #79
chorpler
Zealot
chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle; PRS-500; MobiPocket on Windows Mobile
Wouldn't it be easier just to set your PDF to be reflowable?
chorpler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:14 AM   #80
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorpler View Post
Wouldn't it be easier just to set your PDF to be reflowable?
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think the Kindle supports reflowable PDF. Also, is it possible to enable reflow on an exisiting PDF without converting it to Word and back again (and loosing fonts and formatting in the process)?
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #81
amber438
amber438 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 700
I have been trying to get this to work for hours but keep getting an incorrect syntax error..made all the proper corrections. In the IDLE gui, the name of the book is highlighted with the improper syntx error. When I run the pearl gui, I get the same error.
Book is not mine but it opens in the kindle for pc can't be converted as it is a topaz format with prc extension. Is there a path somewhere in the script I can edit for the book path? I tried one place but got a script error. Ot is there a place in the kindle I can put the book so the script can see it?
amber438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:56 PM   #82
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieClarken View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think the Kindle supports reflowable PDF. Also, is it possible to enable reflow on an exisiting PDF without converting it to Word and back again (and loosing fonts and formatting in the process)?
Yes, but not an image-only PDF. One that's been OCRd can have accessibility tags added, allowing read-aloud software to read the file and allowing reflow on those devices that support it.

Acrobat Pro will do this; I'm not sure if any cheaper software can.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:19 AM   #83
DairyKnight
Connoisseur
DairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with others

Device: PRS-505
Yes it does. Kindle uses Adobe Acrobat Mobile SDK and it supports reflowable PDF. Actually it's in the JNI interface but just nowhere you can enable it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieClarken View Post
DairyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #84
stewball
Enthusiast
stewball has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber438 View Post
I have been trying to get this to work for hours but keep getting an incorrect syntax error..made all the proper corrections. In the IDLE gui, the name of the book is highlighted with the improper syntx error. When I run the pearl gui, I get the same error.
Book is not mine but it opens in the kindle for pc can't be converted as it is a topaz format with prc extension. Is there a path somewhere in the script I can edit for the book path? I tried one place but got a script error. Ot is there a place in the kindle I can put the book so the script can see it?

The scripts are written to convert a DRM'ed topaz file to html. What you have doesn't have DRM, so I am not sure if the proper conversion will take place. Maybe the owner/purchaser of the ebook can run the scripts.

Stew
stewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #85
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
There are new scripts in Dark Reverser's blog that allow full conversion to HTML, while removing DRM at the same time. No need to run skindle now.

Once in html, use calibre to convert to whatever format you want.
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #86
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Urgh...I think I'll wait and see if someone can put all this together in an easy-to-use package before I go buying Topaz books. My computer skills aren't quite up to figuring out exactly what the heck to do with this.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #87
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I tried this last night on the book I'd downloaded (previously referenced in this thread I think...) and got errors in the last step.

Does this 1.5 work with both kindle4pc as well as straight kindle topaz books?

The only topaz book I have is that one free download.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #88
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
There is a 1.6 now. I suggest folks subscribe to the RSS feed for the comments on the DR blog. That's the only way I've been able to keep up with the updates.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #89
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
There is a 1.6 now. I suggest folks subscribe to the RSS feed for the comments on the DR blog. That's the only way I've been able to keep up with the updates.

I hate Feeds. and all the updates/changes, while welcomed are part of why I've been standing-by until we read a more finalized state. Just though I would give it a shot last night...
Old 01-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #90
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post

But, I just downloaded 1.6 and Whoop! Whoop! All worked. Thanks Duck!!!

Tags
kindle, topaz