Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #31
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I just cant figure out the syntax...
I know how to use mobidedrm but I dont know that the input it for it.
I looked at my downloaded topaz books and they have an prc extension when I get them with kindle pc.

Yeah, mine do too, and that plus the fact that the script isn't quite there yet is confusing me, too.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #32
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Thanks everyone for not posting scripts, command lines, etc for stripping DRM from Topaz in the forum, since that is a violation of our rules.

Obvioulsy, we are not able to police what you do with PMs...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 02:23 PM   #33
chorpler
Zealot
chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle; PRS-500; MobiPocket on Windows Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I wondered about that last night, Jon, but didn't want to mention it in case you thought I thought you were dumb. Which of course, I don't.
Yeah, that whole thing was my fault. I was looking at the unswindle AND the CMBDTC.py entries, and I accidentally posted the link for unswindle thinking it was the link for CMBDTC. My bad. Sorry about that, Jon.
chorpler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #34
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorpler View Post
Yep. However, by doing:

cmbdtc11.py -v -r img:0 -o image1.jpg <ebook.tpz>

I was able to extract a complete image of the cover of my Topaz book. So the new version definitely works, it just needs to be extended.

Unfortunately, the detailed description of Topaz that was up at:

http://www.latenightcode.com/devblog...ations-part-i/

seems to be gone now. Does anybody have a copy of it?
That's further than anyone's gotten so all we have to see accomplished is some code to determine how many records there are and then loop through extracting each record - now that we know it can successfully extract a record. Yay! The goal is in sight!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:00 PM   #35
chorpler
Zealot
chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
That's further than anyone's gotten so all we have to see accomplished is some code to determine how many records there are and then loop through extracting each record - now that we know it can successfully extract a record. Yay! The goal is in sight!

Derek
I've extracted a few "page" and "other" records, but so far nothing is legible at all -- it's all garbage characters. Not even a recognizable header except for "___PAGE___" for pages. Huh.
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 03:09 PM   #36
chorpler
Zealot

Awesome, a new version 2.0 is up.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #37
chorpler
Zealot

The new version has a line that needs uncommenting and a deliberate typo. You need to add a d to the options in line 746 to get it to recognize the -d option.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #38
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Cool. It works for me.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:10 PM   #39
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorpler View Post
The new version has a line that needs uncommenting and a deliberate typo. You need to add a d to the options in line 746 to get it to recognize the -d option.
I'm still getting an indentation error on line 653. Since I'm not a Python expert, I have no idea which way to try to indent it.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:12 PM   #40
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I'm still getting an indentation error on line 653. Since I'm not a Python expert, I have no idea which way to try to indent it.
You need to add a couple spaces to the line below the one you uncommented, so it's spaced between the uncommented line and the one below it. Python is so bizarre.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:16 PM   #41
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarknova View Post
You need to add a couple spaces to the line below the one you uncommented, so it's spaced between the uncommented line and the one below it. Python is so bizarre.
Indeed it is. I got that part, or at least I stopped getting the error about indentation, and it said it decrypted the book, but said decrypted book will not open in calibre or mobipocket reader. Do I still have to mobidedrm it with the information spit out by the script?
Old 12-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #42
clarknova
Addict

It's topaz, so the only thing that will read it is a Kindle or a Kindle iPhone or Kindle for PC. Now that DRM stripping is done, someone needs to figure out how to convert it to something usable.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #43
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
It's topaz, so the only thing that will read it is a Kindle or a Kindle iPhone or Kindle for PC. Now that DRM stripping is done, someone needs to figure out how to convert it to something usable.
Duhhh... yeah, I forgot it was going to be a two step process.

Ok, then I got this script to work...who's up for the conversion challenge?
Old 12-30-2009, 04:27 PM   #44
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Cool. It works for me.
I didn't see anything that needed uncommenting. duh! Found it

A question. Does this only work for Kindle4PC files or any Kindle topaz file?

Did you actually liberate a full book?

I do not have Kindle4PC.

Last edited by kennyc; 12-30-2009 at 04:31 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #45
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:

Yep, mine just did the same thing....added a couple of spaces...no error.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, topaz