Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
radiocure
radiocure began at the beginning.

Device: none
Really bizarre Sigil glitch

I have no idea why this is happening (I've never seen it before), but I have random lines in this book in which the text of certain lines is inhabiting the same character space as the > sign in the <p> tags of this book's HTML. Check out the attachment to see what I mean.

If I click into that meshing of characters I can separate them. If I save, Sigil makes it like that again.

This does not affect the displayed product on iPads, but it breaks Nooks all to hell and the pages get filled with those missing character boxes.

Anyone seen this before?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-22 at 11.02.39 PM.png
Views:	153
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	104825  
radiocure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:25 AM   #2
radiocure
radiocure began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ah, I've figured more of this out now. There were nonstandard/invisible characters copy/pasted into the code view in Sigil (text was copy/pasted from a PDF) that was causing it to act funny. Unzipping the epub itself and viewing the HTML in notepad makes it show up the diacritic characters, though they don't in Sigil's code view.
radiocure is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiocure View Post
Ah, I've figured more of this out now. There were nonstandard/invisible characters copy/pasted into the code view in Sigil (text was copy/pasted from a PDF) that was causing it to act funny. Unzipping the epub itself and viewing the HTML in notepad makes it show up the diacritic characters, though they don't in Sigil's code view.
I keep an old DOS era, HEX editor handy, just to view odd, invisible characters..
It does not happen often, but it would really be handy if Sigil could show the character code (to the right of the cursor) in the status bar
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
You should able to shell out with open with, but it probably won't open to the same spot. That might be a simpler project, speaking from total ignorance.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote