Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
nwpsys
nwpsys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Why does log not show if unwrap lines has been triggered ?

Reading through some other posts, I should find in the log something saying "Hard line breaks check" to see if Calibre found anything to adjust now I have Unwrap Lines turned on.

However even though my log shows 'unwrap_lines': True, there is no mention of the hard line breaks check.

I am going from ePub to Mobi format, but as this is my first attempt at heuristics, I am not sure if certain log messages are format specific.

Using version 0.8.5 on Win7.

Thanks,

nwpsys
nwpsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Do you have heuristics enabled? If it's not, unwrap_lines set to True won't do anything. You need to be sure "Enable heuristic processing" is checked.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
nwpsys

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Do you have heuristics enabled?
Yes, that is definitely ticked.

Is there something else I can look for in the log to tell me that Heuristics is definitely being used ?

Thanks,

Nige
Old 06-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpsys View Post
Yes, that is definitely ticked.

Is there something else I can look for in the log to tell me that Heuristics is definitely being used ?

Thanks,

Nige
Which screen is this: Preferences or Book Conversion?

Once a book has been converted, those settings are saved and you need to click the restore button

Developers: could there be comparison between the saved settings and current preferences and highlight the labels of the differences ?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #5
nwpsys

This is the book conversion screen.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpsys View Post
This is the book conversion screen.

TNX
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:56 AM   #7
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
With that enabled (and that line unwrap factor), you should see two items in the logs:

'Hard line breaks check returned True/False'

'Unwrapping required, unwrapping Lines'

If they're not showing up look further up in the debug log to ensure that heuristics was indeed enabled.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:38 AM   #8
nwpsys

Interesting, I updated from 0.8.5 to 0.8.6 with no other changes to settings and I now have a new section in my log where I can see the Heuristic processing. It certainly wasn't there before ( I kept the old log ) so perhaps just a glitch with that version

Thanks to all the contributors in this thread

Nige