Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 12:19 PM   #61
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1997 View Post
This is an unpleasant possibility, but Robert may have suffered some catastrophic health crisis that prevents him from participating in the forum. He had suffered a lot of problems. In today's world, employers are cautious about discussing the personal issues of their employees. Robert could share what he wanted, but there would be legal and regulatory issues if a company employee (like Jennifer) were to say something. I'm sure no one wants to consider this possibility, but could explain a lot. If so, let's hope he recovers well.
I really hope that's not the case!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:15 PM   #62
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
I really hope that's not the case!
I highly doubt it. Robert came back from surgery (yes in pain) but started to get back in where he left off, helping people and talking about long term projects etc. If he had health issues and did not want to disclose them, I think he would have just come back and said "hi" to everyone and not continued talking about the long term.

My 2 cents. Everytime I come to this forum and I see this thread has been updated a little tickle inside of me of 'hope' comes alive thinking Robert has returned to say hello to us all. Sadly once again today it is not the case.

I've noticed things here are rather quiet now, this use to be a rather active forum, now it appears to have gone to the way-side. Come on people, lets pick it up a little. Speaking of which, anyone visited the forum on ezread.com?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #63
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
I did go to the EZRead forum the day Jenifer gave the link, but I didn't register. How about you?
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #64
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
I did go to the EZRead forum the day Jenifer gave the link, but I didn't register. How about you?
They want my gender and birthday to participate in the forum. Not interested; my personal data is already in too many places online. To hand over private info to a forum--especially one that's obviously got commercial data-harvesting goals--I have to be convinced it's worth something to me.

(I think it's very reasonable that they'd be harvesting data from forum users; their ultimate purpose is to *sell ebooks & readers*, not to promote ebook discussions. But I have no particular desire to hold my ebook discussions on a commercial site; I'd need a reason to spend time there instead of here.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:23 PM   #65
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Nup, with like 3 threads and 8 posts (or some very low number) I wasn't willing to sign up and post. It would make me feel like a loner waiting at a bus stop for a bus that has already come and gone (or an Apple fanboy lining up for a new gadget 5 days before release date.......nah not that sad, perhaps just the bus )
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #66
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
My feeling is they want a forum they can (over)control what is said. MR remains open to real users
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:30 AM   #67
cloggy
Connoisseur
cloggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-T1
..I fully agree and that's why I will not use their forum...
cloggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #68
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
My feeling is they want a forum they can (over)control what is said. MR remains open to real users
I agree Duckie... I wonder why Jennifer hasn't had anything to say on the matter....?
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #69
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
I agree Duckie... I wonder why Jennifer hasn't had anything to say on the matter....?
Our forum will probably have the same current level of "management" or "maintenance" that I'm applying here right now; it's not necessarily a control-thing as much as we are creating a new tool for our upcoming project.

While everyone is free to use it, I'm not promoting it currently because it is not device related, and our future project (which I'm unsure if Robert mentioned) is not ready.

It will probably become dusty with 'test' posts for a while before we perfect everything.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #70
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
While I agree they want too much personal info to register which may be used for promotional purposes (saying I was agreeing to receiving to emails for "updates" was my turn off point), if you haven't actually used the site, how can criticize it? I've seen only five or six posters there, one being Robert, another was a Jenifera (same Jenifer who replaced Robert?), some clown named Peipei who didn't really have anything to say, a moderator, and one or two others. Until people actually start using the forum, there is nothing to judge.

We can postulate Robert's fate until the cows come home but nothing will be established until someone hears from Robert himself (which may be never; deal with it). 'Til then, why don't we give this a rest and move on.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:49 AM   #71
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
You should know there's a U.S. law that states children under 13 cannot give personal information (like an e-mail address) without their parents' permission. That's why some forum software is set up to ask a birthdate--just to find out if you are old enough to register, which usually requires giving a valid e-mail address. It might not be anything sinister.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:50 AM   #72
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
You should know there's a U.S. law that states children under 13 cannot give personal information (like an e-mail address) without their parents' permission. That's why some forum software is set up to ask a birthdate--just to find out if you are old enough to register, which usually requires giving a valid e-mail address. It might not be anything sinister.
Which is kinda goofy since all a kid has to do is lie.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #73
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
You should know there's a U.S. law that states children under 13 cannot give personal information (like an e-mail address) without their parents' permission.
I'm aware. Many forums have a "click here to verify that you're over 13" button. Requiring birthdates is excessive. (I very much prefer the sites that say "if you're under 13; send fax [here] with parental permission to join the site." But there are very, very few of those.)

I'm aware that many people don't mind handing out their birthdates to all the sites online that ask for them; shrug. I don't like giving out personal info unless I have to; I don't give it out to websites unless I believe I'll get back something that makes up for the erosion of my privacy.

I don't expect the EZreader forums to change to match my preferences. I don't expect to participate in them, either.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #74
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I'm aware. Many forums have a "click here to verify that you're over 13" button. Requiring birthdates is excessive. (I very much prefer the sites that say "if you're under 13; send fax [here] with parental permission to join the site." But there are very, very few of those.)

I'm aware that many people don't mind handing out their birthdates to all the sites online that ask for them; shrug. I don't like giving out personal info unless I have to; I don't give it out to websites unless I believe I'll get back something that makes up for the erosion of my privacy.

I don't expect the EZreader forums to change to match my preferences. I don't expect to participate in them, either.
If you have my full birth date, you have 1 major piece of the Identity puzzel. Birth year should be sufficient in most cases. Remember the questions for "Liesure Suit Larry"? Of course, tat was before Google
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #75
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you have my full birth date, you have 1 major piece of the Identity puzzel. Birth year should be sufficient in most cases. Remember the questions for "Liesure Suit Larry"? Of course, tat was before Google
I will ask our tech if it is possible to simply as for birth year.

Currently, I believe any identity questions other than the required birthday are optional to add to your profile. Unless you're making a purchase on EZ Read, which is considered separate and will not be associated with the forum.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote