Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-25-2006, 03:05 PM   #1
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
How do I get ssh access to my 2.7.1 iLiad?

I would like to do some more experimenting with my iLiad, but I can't do that with the onscreen keyboard. I know you developers have ssh access somehow, but I have no idea how to do this?

I can start wlan, no problem, but no telnet/ssh server is running. Have anyone compiled dropbear / sshd / whatever and tested it on 2.7.1? Do we know the root password? Or perhaps I can use certificates to get password-less login to a running ssh server?
narve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 03:47 PM   #2
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narve
I would like to do some more experimenting with my iLiad, but I can't do that with the onscreen keyboard. I know you developers have ssh access somehow, but I have no idea how to do this?

I can start wlan, no problem, but no telnet/ssh server is running. Have anyone compiled dropbear / sshd / whatever and tested it on 2.7.1? Do we know the root password? Or perhaps I can use certificates to get password-less login to a running ssh server?
See post # 81 of this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...bear#post45940

And ignore steps 6, 7, & 8, and you don't need to do steps after 11...
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2006, 02:25 AM   #3
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Thanks, I will give it a shot!
Old 11-28-2006, 05:59 PM   #4
narve
iLiad fan

Thanks for helping out, now it works beautifully. I will create a new thread with some info's for n00bs like me.