Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-06-2010, 04:07 AM   #1
ixcoatl
ixcoatl began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus
Opus not booting

Hi,

I have about one week with my opus device. Appart from the regular freezes and the lack of PDF reflow it was working fine.

Today I loaded a big PDF File, about 2MB, and tried to open it. After several minutes the reader gave me an error saying that it couldn't open the file.

I converted the document to ePUB and tries to load it to the device, but couldn't. I realized that the file sytem was in read only mode and the system log said that it has errors.

[ 2610.757537] FAT: Filesystem panic (dev sde)
[ 2610.757538] fat_get_cluster: invalid cluster chain (i_pos 2174692)

I ran

# fsck.vfat -a /dev/sdf

To fix it (since I'm using Ubuntu Linux) and it corrected the errors.

But when I disconnected the cable, the device couldn't boot. It keep flashing the screen with 3 dots and the Opus image.

I guess that this has to do with the filesystem corruption. The device appears like a USB drive when connected with the computer, so Im gessing that the electronics are in good shape. Pressing the reset buttun did no good.

Does any of you had have a similar problem?

Im going to plug it into a XP computer to see what happens, then I will format the internal partition.

I will keep you informed.

Thank you in advance and best regards.
ixcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:30 AM   #2
ixcoatl

SOLVED

Well I didn't have to format the partition. It seems to be that It was just the faulty ePub file causing the problem.

I just have to delete it.

Cheers!
Advert
Old 02-06-2010, 04:35 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You say that you have "regular freezes" - have you updated to the v2.0 firmware? That should solve the freezes that occurred with the older v1.9 firmware.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:15 AM   #4
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Like Harry said, you should update it with the 2.0 firmware and it should correct all of your problem..
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
ixcoatl

I havent upgraded the device because I lack the micro SD card.

I will get one and perform the upgrade as soon as posible.

Tnaks you and cheers!
Advert
Old 02-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
ixcoatl

Hi again,

Two weeks with the new firmware and no hangs at all.
The new firmware did the trick!

Thank you