Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
jbarbour
jbarbour began at the beginning.

Device: kindle k2, kindle dx, iTouch
Multiple devices

Is there a way to set up Calibre so that it supports multiple devices? I have Kindle's k2 and dx for different uses, as well as an Apple iTouch. In the setup I was constrained to choose one device. Can I add the others, and if so, how?

I suspect this is a simple question, but I have spent the past hour or so looking for an answer to no avail.
jbarbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
All you need to do to support different devices is change the output profile and output format when converting. calibre will detect all your different devices automatically.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #3
jbarbour
jbarbour began at the beginning.

Device: kindle k2, kindle dx, iTouch
Well wasn't that an easy "fix". The more I use Calibre the more I am impressed.
jbarbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
alfredotod
alfredotod began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus, Irex Iliad
I am new to calibre and I also had the same question. However, this is still not clear to me. Suppose that I have two readers that support the same format, say epub, but differ for example in the size of the screen. Is the document I generate for one device different from the one I generate for the other device? If this is indeed the case, must I run the conversion twice? Can I have both versions of the file in my calibre library? For example I have a lot of books I would like to convert into epub, should I perform the conversion twice if I have, say, a Cybook Opus and a Sony Reader? And can I keep both versions in the library? Why does the conversion depend on the device, while the mobis and epubs that I buy appear to be independent of the device?
Thanks,
Alfredo
alfredotod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
EPUB is a reflowable format. Convert it for one of the devices and it will work on the other, with the exception of comics, where you will actually have to convert each time you want to read on a separate device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #6
cpkmc
cpkmc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Not consistently sending ot iphone

Follow up to other questions: My primary reader is my kindle, but I sometimes also use my iphone. It synced at initial setup of the app on my iphone, but now, new books in calibre show up on my kindle but not on my iphone after i sych it.
cpkmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:06 PM   #7
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
See the iDevices FAQ for how to transfer to your iPhone.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
multiple device, setup