Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
keljara
keljara began at the beginning.

Device: none
Error message

I have a couple of pages that won't upload because I keep getting this error message:
The following files were not loaded due to invalid content or not well formed XML: line 844: expected comment or CDATA section

I'm not sure what that means.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you
keljara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Line 844 That probably means something Waaaay back is messed up and 844 was the place where it became obvious

The few times I have seen CDATA, it is always before the <body> tag (in the <Head> section).

You may have a malformed or missing closing tag
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
keljara
keljara began at the beginning.

Ok. It was originally a word doc, so if it is a close tag issue how would I fix it? Is there anything you can think of that I might need to fix before I save it from a word doc into html?
keljara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keljara View Post
Ok. It was originally a word doc, so if it is a close tag issue how would I fix it? Is there anything you can think of that I might need to fix before I save it from a word doc into html?
The HTML is corrupt. I have no idea how/what Word would need
Old 03-29-2013, 03:24 AM   #5
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

It might be helpful if you can post the aforementioned line here.
Ahmad Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The first part of an exported HTML document (even filtered) is a lot of rubbish anyway. Clean it up before importing or export it in a better way.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad Samir View Post
It might be helpful if you can post the aforementioned line here.
That line is probably Way far from the real trouble, although 800 lines of Words @font, mso cruft is still probably possible to be STILL be in the <head> block.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #8
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That line is probably Way far from the real trouble, although 800 lines of Words @font, mso cruft is still probably possible to be STILL be in the <head> block.
That's my best guess, yes; I've seen files with hundreds of lines of css rules of mso- crap.

Last edited by Ahmad Samir; 03-29-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Ahmad Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #9
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I've caused my own problems like that when I accidently (OK, carelessly) deleted part of a closing tag in a doc I got that had [CDATA] section since the tagging style was not what I was expecting

http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_cdata.asp

Quote:
Everything inside a CDATA section is ignored by the parser.
A CDATA section starts with "<![CDATA[" and ends with "]]>":
Paul
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote