Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
ramiot
ramiot began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo touch with 2.1.5 not opening on good page.

When I reopen my kobo touch with2.1.5 it does always bring me back to page 2 of my book instead of the last page I read... I've tried marking my page but it just comes back to page 2.... I've reset it and again the last book reopened on page 2 ... can you help me fix this...

Last edited by ramiot; 11-05-2012 at 05:36 PM.
ramiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Is this with all books or just one? And what type? epub, kepub PDF etc.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
ramiot
ramiot began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Is this with all books or just one? And what type? epub, kepub PDF etc.
Thanks, this with all books I have which are all ePub. Thanks
ramiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramiot View Post
Thanks, this with all books I have which are all ePub.
OK, I have seen that behaviour with epubs on my Touch in two circumstances:

- Something wrong with the book. If the structure is wrong, then this can happen. Does the table of contents display and work?

- The other time is when I have edited the epub and replaced it. If the file structure in the epub changes, then navigation stops working. As you have done a reset, this is unlikely to be the cause.

The first reason is most likely. What is the source of the books? If they have a common source, then they might be broken in the same way.

As a test that it is or isn't your device, download an epub from the library here and put it on the device. If that doesn't work properly, then it something strange with the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #5
awuedynx
Enthusiast
awuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Papyre Pad 7.1, Kobo Touch
That thing happen on my kobo when I open a .mobi book.
awuedynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #6
eewild
eewild began at the beginning.

A similar thing is happening to me in 2.1.5 as well, however it always opens on the first page of whatever chapter I'm in. I was told I would have to do a factory reset to fix it. I haven't tried this yet as I don't want my reading stats to disappear.
eewild is offline   Reply With Quote