Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
cbstamm
cbstamm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Reader for PC help with sync

I installed the Reader for PC software. First thing I did was turn off the auto-sync. I managed to sync a book - but when I went to sync another book I get a message that it will delete previously synced book in the category. Sure enough book 1 was gone but book 2 is there.

Can anyone tell my how this software is supposed to work? I like to transfer individual books to my reader but do not want to disturb anything else on the reader. How am I supposed to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance for any help!
cbstamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Best answer is don't use the Reader software at all, download Calibre instead. The Sony software is horrible. Calibre is much more straightforward, especially with sending books to the device. It's a one-button thing.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I recommend that you visit the 350 support page on the Sony website. See the link below. Select the download link for the old software Reader Library version 3.3 from Sept 2010. The old version of the software works with the 350 and gives you more flexibility. You can manually transfer one book at a time and not have to sync. Many people prefer the old software (Reader Library) to the new software (Reader for PC). You only need the new software if you have the new T1 model.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...d#/downloadTab
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
cbstamm
cbstamm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
I have the old app. I think will just get rid of the new app and go back to the old one.

I have heard many good things about Calibre, but I don't have much of a library to manage so it seems like over-kill to me. I mostly check books out from the library; I read then delete them.

Thank you for the help.
cbstamm is offline   Reply With Quote