Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #136
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm999 View Post
Reattached zip that is based on koreader-v2013.03-266-g4f36cd2.zip

Fixed to include the mod for epubs. Also the list of debug commands is now in
defaults.lua as DEBUG_CMDS
After copying the new files to enable the mod for epubs, the menu shows up, but the frontlight option does not work anymore. Neither from the menu, nor from the frontlight button of the reader.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #137
cgm999
Enthusiast
cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.

Device: kobo
Ok please try now. I think the frontlight button should work now also (to switch off/on etc)
Attached Files
File Type: zip koreader-cgm.zip (26.2 KB, 363 views)
cgm999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #138
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Ok please try now. I think the frontlight button should work now also (to switch off/on etc)
Works like a charm now! Both, menu and frontlight button. Thanks a lot!
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #139
Mexx
Mexx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Is there anybody who got the koreader working on a touch(905B) with FW2.6.1 and starting it with the Launcher? If so, would you please be so kind and tell me how?

I tried the mod from muness in comment#84, but then nothing happens, when I change to the launcher. Before applying the patch, the launcher worked...

thank you for any help!
Mexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:32 AM   #140
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexx View Post
Is there anybody who got the koreader working on a touch(905B) with FW2.6.1 and starting it with the Launcher? If so, would you please be so kind and tell me how?

I tried the mod from muness in comment#84, but then nothing happens, when I change to the launcher. Before applying the patch, the launcher worked...

thank you for any help!
You can leave out the part regarding usbnet, maybe it is not compatible with touch. Edit /mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/KoboLauncher.sh and put in it:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/koreader_kobo.sh /mnt/onboard
However there's always the issue of windows vs unix line endings, you should use a text editor that can put the proper character at the end of each line.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:57 AM   #141
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
You can leave out the part regarding usbnet, maybe it is not compatible with touch. Edit /mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/KoboLauncher.sh and put in it:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/koreader_kobo.sh /mnt/onboard
However there's always the issue of windows vs unix line endings, you should use a text editor that can put the proper character at the end of each line.
A Hex Editor should show both the Hex and the Ascii , just change the "0D" to "0A". It should be ok to have two "0A"s instead of "0D 0A".

Just open the .sh file in a Hex editor and make the changes, there shouldn't be that many.

Giorgio;

When you guys tell us to put some new code into an existing .sh Bash Script you often include the #!/bin/sh but I thought only the first one counts? There is one already at the beginning of the file. Also, are we supposed to remove or comment out the old code. Maybe you guys mean that with the bash at the beginning of your additions that it is to be inserted at the beginning and the rest of the .sh left as it is?

Dumb questions I know.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:05 AM   #142
cgm999
Enthusiast
cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.

Re debug_commands: what if we change the code to add to bottom meny ONLY if is defined in defaults.lua (DEBUG_CMD) , that way whoever wants to have them just need the line
Old 07-10-2013, 05:17 AM   #143
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
A Hex Editor should show both the Hex and the Ascii , just change the "0D" to "0A". It should be ok to have two "0A"s instead of "0D 0A".

Just open the .sh file in a Hex editor and make the changes, there shouldn't be that many.

Giorgio;

When you guys tell us to put some new code into an existing .sh Bash Script you often include the #!/bin/sh but I thought only the first one counts? There is one already at the beginning of the file. Also, are we supposed to remove or comment out the old code. Maybe you guys mean that with the bash at the beginning of your additions that it is to be inserted at the beginning and the rest of the .sh left as it is?

Dumb questions I know.

Luck;
Ken
I often assume a little knowledge of shell scripting, I am sorry. Yes, only a "#!/bin/sh" is needed at the beginning of the file; as the remaining code, you can delete it, comment it out or leave it as it is, since the script is executed line by line and after koreader exits, the device reboots so it has no chance to execute the remaining lines. Nice trick for fixing line endings!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:41 AM   #144
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I might be good for a very, very little. I did read the addition you mentioned as negating the rest of the script, if it was at the beginning.

I see that you updated KoReader a few hours ago. Not rushing you and maybe a wait is prudent in any case, but I was wondering if there is a "rule of thumb" for how long it takes till a new version of your port is released.

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #145
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Thats fine. I am curios if any1 else uses debug commands ?
I am trying to, but I am running into some trouble.

Reboot works fine.

Wireless on/off doesn't enable telnet for me. Normally, I have to start the browser to get an IP address assigned, after which I can telnet into the Aura. How can I do this within KOreader?

Inv doesn't do anything. I assume it is screen inversion mod? So will I have to install that separately, or is it in your koreader-cgm?
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #146
giorgio130
Time Waster

Quote:
I might be good for a very, very little. I did read the addition you mentioned as negating the rest of the script, if it was at the beginning.

I see that you updated KoReader a few hours ago. Not rushing you and maybe a wait is prudent in any case, but I was wondering if there is a "rule of thumb" for how long it takes till a new version of your port is released.

Luck;
Ken
Do you mean how often I update the attachment at the first post? I'd go to change it every time there's a significant change... As an example, if I get to clean up enough suspend support or light control for official inclusion.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #147
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
It's probably easier to install a text editor that supports Unix line endings. There are a lot of options out there. Notepad++ definitely works under Windows and TextWrangler will convert line endings under OS X. I'm assuming that all of the text editors will work under the various forms of Unix.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #148
cgm999
Enthusiast

Markismus:

For wireless off / on , I assume you have scripts in the right location (what koreader-debug_cmd.sh executes)
for screeninversion you need to execute koreader with LD_PRELOAD and the screenInv.so file

[root@KOBO_AURAHD koreader]# tail koreader_kobo.sh

while :; do
LD_PRELOAD=/root/screenInv.so ./reader.lua /mnt/onboard
sleep 1
done
Old 07-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #149
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
It's probably easier to install a text editor that supports Unix line endings. There are a lot of options out there. Notepad++ definitely works under Windows and TextWrangler will convert line endings under OS X. I'm assuming that all of the text editors will work under the various forms of Unix.
Perhaps for some, but a lot of us have found it handy to have HexEdit, or something similar, around for the occasional look into such things. It might be an old gamer's thing. Still I would think it not an uncommon tool to find in a "Developer's Corner".

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #150
cgm999
Enthusiast

if you have ssh/telnet enabled on device here is one quick line to convert from dos to unix text file(basically removing \r == 0d ):

kobo_shell# sed -i -e 's/\r//g' path_to_file