Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
anders_babs1
anders_babs1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Help

I have just received my Kindle 2 and am trying to find other sights to possible find less expensive books to download. (amazon has gone a little price crazy) How do I download this web sight onto my kindle and search for books, I am totally computer challenged and that is not an exaggeration.
thanks
barbara
anders_babs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #2
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Hi Barbara
May I suggest you try to post this over in the Kindle forum. There might be a better chance of people seeing your post there.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders_babs1 View Post
I have just received my Kindle 2 and am trying to find other sights to possible find less expensive books to download. (amazon has gone a little price crazy) How do I download this web sight onto my kindle and search for books, I am totally computer challenged and that is not an exaggeration.
thanks
barbara
Can you give us a better idea of the type of books you are interested in? For the most part Amazon will have the largest catalog and best prices for contemporary fiction.

If you prefer the classics there are many sites (MobileRead, Feedbooks.com and Manybooks.net) that will fit your needs for free. You can download guides that reside as "books" on your Kindle. Look through the book for the title you want to read, click on the link and with your Whispernet turned on, the books will download into your Kindle.

I suggest you download these guides to your computer, then use the USB cable to transfer them to the "documents" folder of your Kindle.

MobileRead Mobipocket Guide
Feedbooks Kindle Guide

If you're into Sci-Fi, Baen.com is the way to go.

Give us a little more information and we'll try to help you out as best we can.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi barbara and welcome to MobileRead. Good luck with the Kindle
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote