Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
bulbboy
bulbboy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Help With Calibre

I've downloaded Calibre - but I've noticed some of the books are listed twice (one with no size 0mb) Do I have to keep those on there or can I delete those?

Thanks
bulbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
You don't need to keep them. You should, however, figure out why they were created in the first place, as they might be a symptom of something else, such as format issues.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbboy View Post
I've downloaded Calibre - but I've noticed some of the books are listed twice (one with no size 0mb) Do I have to keep those on there or can I delete those?

Thanks
Blank Size or 0Mb? Not the same.

Caution. 0Mb is not always Zero size., just less than some magic number.
If you open the Meta-Data editor for the entry, you can see what formats and sizes. If the formats are different, you may wish to combine (Merge) the records.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
bulbboy

Maybe this picture will help! I'm tech challenged.

All files that are double show 0mb and there is no check or the word "Main"
Old 07-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I bet those 0 MB files are MPB files.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #6
eboyhan
PandaMuse
eboyhan doesn't littereboyhan doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx, kindle touch SO, kindle fire, kindle fire hd8.9
Yes, you need to be careful when bringing books over to Calibre to only bring the actual book files.

Every book on the kindle that has been read or examined will have two files: one the book itself, the other containing annotations, highlights, last page read, etc. Most of these files will have identical names with different filetypes.

An Amazon book might have files like: "great book.azw" and "great book.mbp". Pdf books might have files like: "great pdf book.pdf" and "great pdf book.pdr".

On Calibre you would want the .azw, and .pdf files, but not the others.
eboyhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #7
bulbboy

thank you very much!
Old 07-18-2010, 12:37 AM   #8
Partzz
Partzz began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry
MBP files

.MBP files are Mobipocket/Kindle annotation files. You can go ahead and delete them from your calibre library. They are just placeholders for MobiPocket and Kindle Software that allow you to resume your book from where you last finished reading.
Partzz is offline   Reply With Quote