Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Add Empty Books?

Everytime I went to add a book to Calibre, I saw this, and was puzzled. Well, yesterday, I found out what it was for (at least for me)

To me, Calibre is my all-inclusive library organization tool. Yesterday, while I was backing up, I found an excell spreadsheet from a year ago, entitled "Books I Have Read" That is how I kept track of them before Calibre. 19 were on my kindle and active in Calibre, and I was able to delete them from my Kindle and mark them read (tag and stars) in Calibre. The most useful part of my find was 43 "new" books - books I had not transferred to my most recent computer. I entered all of those as emply books, and marked them read. Now, when I go online to buy a book or check a book out of the library, I can see if I have previously read it. I don't have those books in Calibre, but I have the record that they have been read. I even used a "yes" or "no" rating system on my spreadsheet!

I hope this is helpful to someone else who rums across a list of books they have read, and might have deleted.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Everytime I went to add a book to Calibre, I saw this, and was puzzled. Well, yesterday, I found out what it was for (at least for me)

To me, Calibre is my all-inclusive library organization tool. Yesterday, while I was backing up, I found an excell spreadsheet from a year ago, entitled "Books I Have Read" That is how I kept track of them before Calibre. 19 were on my kindle and active in Calibre, and I was able to delete them from my Kindle and mark them read (tag and stars) in Calibre. The most useful part of my find was 43 "new" books - books I had not transferred to my most recent computer. I entered all of those as emply books, and marked them read. Now, when I go online to buy a book or check a book out of the library, I can see if I have previously read it. I don't have those books in Calibre, but I have the record that they have been read. I even used a "yes" or "no" rating system on my spreadsheet!

I hope this is helpful to someone else who rums across a list of books they have read, and might have deleted.
I use the Add Empty tho create a placeholder (tag=[placeholder] ) for books I wish to fill out my series.

I also use this to manually create a cross reference note to/from an Omnibus title. Where I may have the Individual books or the flip.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I also use this to manually create a cross reference note to/from an Omnibus title. Where I may have the Individual books or the flip.
Yes, I put a "See XXX" in the comments section.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Yes, I put a "See XXX" in the comments section.
Hey!
I don't do the triple X book thing
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Hey!
I don't do the triple X book thing
I walked into that one!
Advert

Tags
add empty books