Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-24-2010, 07:13 AM   #1
ensyed
Enthusiast
ensyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Question How do I fix the title on a personal content Kindle book?

I have a book (personal content) which I converted to .azw using Stanza desktop. The problem is that it shows up as unknown on the Kindle. Inside is fine. Is there a way to fix the title?

Thanks
ensyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
Amamores
Amamores began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Title

Good morning,

Just fix the title when your Kindle is connected to your PC via USB cable. When your Kindle appears, just go to your documents and manually rename it however you wish. It worked for me, but the author won't show on the right like it does when you buy books off Amazon.

Take Care

Let me know if that does not work.

Best,

A.
Amamores is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensyed View Post
I have a book (personal content) which I converted to .azw using Stanza desktop. The problem is that it shows up as unknown on the Kindle. Inside is fine. Is there a way to fix the title?

Thanks
You can change the metadata via calibre. You could use "Mobi2Mobi" as well, but that's a bit more complicated.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Calibre method works well, I've used that in the past, pretty simple way for doing it.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Ditto on the Calibre. You can download it here from the Calibre forum. Mobi2Mobi can be used. but it is so complex that you really wouldn't want to bother. In Calibre, copy your Kindle to the Library, click on the book in question, then click on Edit Metadata. The screen there allows you to enter the title, the author's name, and any other information you wish.

Good luck!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2010, 03:45 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Ditto on the Calibre. You can download it here from the Calibre forum. Mobi2Mobi can be used. but it is so complex that you really wouldn't want to bother.
Only if you consider that being a command-line tool makes it "complex". It's really not difficult to use.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote