Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
David Miles
David Miles began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Sony 505 restarting repeatedly.

Hello All, Herewith my first post! Sorry, but I'm not sure if it is a Calibre issue or a Hardware issue.

I use Calibre to upload books in lrf format. Usually it is OK, but sometimes although the book shows up on the device in Calibre, and can be read from the device in Calibre viewer, when I try to read it with the reader the Reader runs its rotating arrows for a while then goes blank and Restarts. Clearly the file is getting to the Reader, and is readable (with Calibre viewer). But something is upsetting Reader when it tries to decipher the file.

I attach one file that has caused this problem but there have been others too.

Thanks for any suggestions.

David
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Cranford.lrf (260.7 KB, 182 views)
David Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
LRF files can have this issue. I would recommend converting to EPUB for the files you are having this issue with.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I have also found that LRF files can cause this. It is also unpredictable - after the device has eset then you can often load and read the LRF file without the reset. Others cause a reset every time.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
I've only ever had this problem when converting from ODT to LRF.

Maybe that is just me
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #5
David Miles
David Miles began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Thanks for the replies. I'll try Epub. I had understood that lrf was native to Sony.

By the way let me say how much I like my reader - so much more comfortable than a 700 page novel!!

Also how pleasing Calibre is.

Thanks
David
David Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert