Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #31
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
It seems like most of the e-book pricing complaints come from people who bought an e-book reader before agency pricing and thus experienced a price hike. I don't think that many new, non-MR readers particularly expect buying a new e-book to be much less expensive than buying a new paperback. Most people seem to be happy that there are so many public domain books that they can get for free.
You don't knowa lot of Spanish readers, do you?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #32
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
The focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
I seriously doubt this. Why would people new to e-reading be surprised that buying an e-book costs just a bit less than buying the book in paper? None of the people I know who bought an e-book after agency pricing was established have really complained any more about e-book pricing than they have about regular book pricing.

It seems like most of the e-book pricing complaints come from people who bought an e-book reader before agency pricing and thus experienced a price hike. I don't think that many new, non-MR readers particularly expect buying a new e-book to be much less expensive than buying a new paperback. Most people seem to be happy that there are so many public domain books that they can get for free.
I don't know, but there are not only the rich countries. According to one source there are countries where more ereaders are sold than ebooks.
What seems a reasonable price say in the US, is outrageous someplace else.
Consequently there will be two markets of considerable size: an official and a piracy one ...
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #33
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Isn't than known as criminal conspiracy?

Criminal conspiracy and speech is far more complicated than that.
Look at just one facet.

If I stand on my soap box in the street and say "kill someone" or "rob someone" or likewise go on line and say that, well there is no conspiracy. No secret. I might be crazy or stupid, and I may have some criminal intent, but I am not involved in a conspiracy from what I have said. I am being pretty open and forthright. Of course there could be a conspiracy about something else.

That is just one facet.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:37 AM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
If I stand on my soap box in the street and say "kill someone" or "rob someone" or likewise go on line and say that, well there is no conspiracy. No secret. I might be crazy or stupid, and I may have some criminal intent, but I am not involved in a conspiracy from what I have said. I am being pretty open and forthright. Of course there could be a conspiracy about something else.
But you are, in the UK at least, guilty of the very serious offence of incitement to commit murder (or robbery). I really wouldn't recommend doing that!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #35
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
But you are, in the UK at least, guilty of the very serious offence of incitement to commit murder (or robbery). I really wouldn't recommend doing that!
In the US, as long as you are saying those things should br done to ordinary people engaged in running businesses, then we call you an "occupier" and allow you to ignore public health ordinances and permit requirements. YouTube postings of your violent rants will be popular, and you will be lauded in the press.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #36
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I hate you all and I wish for all of you to die ...
while I still can use my free speech. Or is this kind of wishing already illegal online ?
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #37
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Aha, nobody dares reply to my previous post. That's cause you are all dead scared of my threat. Ooooh I'm dangerous baby !
While we're at it, hand out your wallets and don't try anything funny, cause I'm dangerous and stuff
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:05 AM   #38
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 Kindles, 2 Nooks, 2 Kobos, Ipad.
No they all died. I didn't cause I was out of range.
amgoforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:18 AM   #39
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgoforth View Post
No they all died. I didn't cause I was out of range.
Where did those 2 unmasked people in post #38 come from?

(I am sorry. I think I caught something.)
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #40
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Where did those 2 unmasked people in post #38 come from?

(I am sorry. I think I caught something.)
You don't pull the mask off that ol' Lone Ranger...

I'm not a lawyer, so don't rely on this... As long as you aren't directly inciting others to kill and not presenting a credible threat to anyone's life, I suspect that THEY won't track you down. Might not be a good idea to start mentioning the POTUS (or Big Cheese of whatever country you might be in) in such wishes, however.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote