Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-23-2016, 09:59 PM   #16
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
There are both 3rd and 4th generation Fire HDX8.9s. Only the latter can get Fire OS 5. 3rd gen can go to 4.5.5.1 (same for HDX7).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:01 AM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Software Version
  • Fire HDX 8.9 - 4th Gen (2014) --> 5.1.1
  • Fire HDX 8.9 - 3rd Gen (2013) --> 4.5.5.1
  • Fire HD 8.9 -- 2nd Gen (2012) --> 8.5.1_user_5159720

The system version in the photo indicates that the tablet is a 2nd Gen Fire HD 8.9 from 2012.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2016, 05:28 AM   #18
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Software Version
  • Fire HDX 8.9 - 4th Gen (2014) --> 5.1.1
  • Fire HDX 8.9 - 3rd Gen (2013) --> 4.5.5.1
  • Fire HD 8.9 -- 2nd Gen (2012) --> 8.5.1_user_5159720

The system version in the photo indicates that the tablet is a 2nd Gen Fire HD 8.9 from 2012.
Thanks tubemonkey. You deserve several stalks of bananas for your work.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:30 AM   #19
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
Wow you got a 8.9 fire for a replacement on a 7 fire ! That' a good deal, too bad they didn't tell you what gen it was though. As far as I could find out , you probably have a 3rd. gen. I looked at your screen shot & gen 2 is similar also. The same is true for the HDX 3rd & 4th gen. Not much difference between gens. I wish there was a way to see what gen. it is on the device screen. But neither seemed to have them. You would probably need to ask someone who has an 8.9 fire here an see what they say ? All I know is the latest fires ( not HDX ones ) have new sizes,6 inch 8 inch & 10 inch. So the 8.9 is before those. So that makes me think it's possibly a 3rd gen 8.9, I think that was the last fire gen. with 8.9 size.
Yes I got it but it is not useful to me. To large for me to hold one handed and read. So I bought a 7-inch again. For me, I much prefer the 7-inch to use for reading.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:34 AM   #20
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Thanks tubemonkey ! For finding out which gen the 8.9 fire was. I could see it on my HDX's in device model. But could not see it in KyBunnies screen shot.

I prefer reading on smaller tablets too, KyBunnies. Glad you have a 7 fire again.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert