Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-19-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
ashort
Connoisseur
ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 10th Gen
Target Stores to sell ebook gift cards in the near future?

Has anybody heard if this is true? They are selling Sony Readers so it may be true.
ashort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Makes sense.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2008, 06:50 AM   #3
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
I've not heard that -- hell, I can't even get to the Sony ebook buying part of the new Borders web-site!

I wouldn't be surprised if it were to be true, except that it seems silly that they would carry inventory that you can't use in person anywhere. Get a plastic card which is attached to a cardboard baking and buy it at the checkout and then take it home and only be able to use it at the Sony website?

All the other giftcards that such stores sell can physically be taken into a store and used in person. It would be strange, but these days the retail world seems to be full of strange things!
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
maybe they could set up a kiosk where you could browse ebooks, order them, and download them directly to your device, maybe in addition to selling gift cards. then the product would be available in the stores, as well. it seems like that would make a lot of sense, because people who are looking at the devices could browse the kiosk to see the books available, to help with their decision.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:06 AM   #5
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
I've not heard that -- hell, I can't even get to the Sony ebook buying part of the new Borders web-site!
I emailed Borders a few days ago about that and have yet to receive anything.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2008, 05:11 PM   #6
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago about it and haven't even gotten a "This is an automated response -- you will receive a reply from our support staff in a couple of days."

It's like they couldn't care less!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #7
ankayeb
ankayeb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if it were to be true, except that it seems silly that they would carry inventory that you can't use in person anywhere. Get a plastic card which is attached to a cardboard baking and buy it at the checkout and then take it home and only be able to use it at the Sony website?

All the other giftcards that such stores sell can physically be taken into a store and used in person. It would be strange, but these days the retail world seems to be full of strange things!
If I'm not mistaken, iTunes giftcards are exactly the same thing. They are popular for gifts and people that don't want to send their credit card info out into cyberspace.
ankayeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:36 AM   #8
dhbailey
Guru

That makes great sense!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:34 AM   #9
shadowwolf36
Enthusiast
shadowwolf36 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Digital
Borders

Quote:
I emailed them a couple of weeks ago about it and haven't even gotten a "This is an automated response -- you will receive a reply from our support staff in a couple of days."

It's like they couldn't care less!
The last I heard was that you can get a borders ebook gift card that can then be used on the sony site.......however, you can't order the gc online and so far I have been to 3 mortar stores and none had them........they are expecting them but not yet...............I have yet to get an answer about whether or not we will be able to buy DIRECTLY from the border's website or not..........
shadowwolf36 is offline   Reply With Quote