Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-03-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
helten
helten is on a distinguished road

Device: None
Buying ebook readers in Bangkok?

Hi!

I'm going to Bangkok next weekend and was thinking if any of you knew if it is possible to buy a Sony Reader or a CyBook anywhere in the city (or other readers for that matter...)?

I live in Denmark, where it is very difficult to find ebook readers at reasonable prices. The Cybook for example costs 350$ in their online shop if you live in the US, but for Europeans this is instead 350€, which translates to 545$

So now that I'm going to Bangkok I'm hoping to find a reader at a more reasonable price

Thanks in advance!
helten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #2
mcramer
Kiwi reader
mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone
Maybe a little late but I think you are out of luck in regards to those two devices.

The Sony is only available in North America at this stage and only via "grey import" (and you do the importing) anywhere else in the world.

The Cybook is available anywhere in the world but only via mail order (as you are aware).

You may see some of the Asian OEM type products that are discussed in other areas of this site if you are lucky........

Have a nice time!

Marc
mcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
helten
helten is on a distinguished road

Device: None
I'm still in Bangkok and you are totally correct I've found a Sony shop and a guy there told me, as you did, that the Sony Reader is only available in the US. Also I don't count on finding a Cybook anywhere.

Guess I'll have to wait for Astak or someone else to make some new and hopefully more affordable models. Even the previously mentioned 545$ would be fine if just the specifications of the devices were better...

Thanks for your answer!
helten is offline   Reply With Quote