Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #1
alfarhan
Enthusiast
alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Question Transferring Screenshots files wirelessly

Hi,

I got my Kindle PW jailbreaked. I know how to take a screenshot. If I want to transfer my screenshot file to my laptop to email it or share it, I must connect my Kindle PW to my laptop physically. Is there a way to email it wirelessly from my Kindle right away? Is there a file explorer or something which i can install in my kindle then browse files, select the screenshot and send it?

Thanks in advance
alfarhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
scp /path/to/file/filename username@computerIP:/path/to/delivery/folder/filename

(you can also leave out the target filename if you just add a trailing slash to the foldername...)

eg.

scp /opt/amazon/low_level_screens/600x800/splash.png alfarhan@192.168.1.2:/home/alfarhan/

alfarhan@192.168.1.2's password: BlahdeBlah

will transfer splash.png to your home directory. after you enter your password.

That's all already installed.

There was a filemanager application I saw at one point. I don't believed it managed scp.

would be probably relatively trivial to make a GTK application that does that. Worth looking into? if you don't fancy using ssh and the command line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_156.png
Views:	176
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	99932   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_158.png
Views:	207
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	99933  

Last edited by twobob; 01-23-2013 at 08:11 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
alfarhan
Enthusiast
alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Thanks for the quick help twobob.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure where should I run that command exactly? :/
Old 01-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfarhan View Post
Thanks for the quick help twobob.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure where should I run that command exactly? :/
you would do this either in kterm or via ssh in a shell.

EDIT: Winscp could do this too (but you would have to add the kindles ssh keys your PC - as the password entry would break this as-is)

if you would prefer this could be very easily turned into a script.

like:

./transfer <complete...filepath>

do you have wifi SSH setup? or kterm?

Last edited by twobob; 01-23-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #5
alfarhan
Enthusiast

i just installed kterm successfully above Kindle Launcher.
Advert
Old 01-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
twobob

ah nice one. you can use that

I dug up... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=22

and https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=23

No idea if they manage scp - doubtful OOTB

Last edited by twobob; 01-23-2013 at 12:19 PM.