Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-08-2011, 03:19 AM   #16
Honeypie
Honeypie began at the beginning.

Device: none
You rock so very much! I hope other new owners can be helped with the questions I've asked. You all fixed my PE! lol
Honeypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #17
Zazoo
Zazoo began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
In case you haven't gotten it yet
Ack, got it, thanx! (2 pirrouettes for you!)

Last edited by Zazoo; 09-08-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Zazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #18
Shaitan
Shaitan began at the beginning.

Device: PE entourage!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Is likely gone. Over the last 3-4 days I have tried to access it to only get the timeout message. However, all is not lost the register screen can be bypassed by clicking in the LCD screen in a particular order as shown in the graphic.
LOVE U MEN IS ALL I NEED PERFECT ANSWER!!!!
Shaitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #19
stevesr0
Connoisseur
stevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Do I need to register?

One of the posts mentions full functionality after registering.

I have owned a Pocket Edge since May and haven't registered. Is there any function that is disabled until/unless I register (assuming I still can register)?

Steve
stevesr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #20
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesr0 View Post
I have owned a Pocket Edge since May and haven't registered. Is there any function that is disabled until/unless I register (assuming I still can register)? Steve
No. When entourage was in business it gave access to their app store and ebooks.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #21
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesr0 View Post

I have owned a Pocket Edge since May and haven't registered. Is there any function that is disabled until/unless I register (assuming I still can register)?

Steve
At the moment the only advantage of registering is the adobe part which will allow you to open adobe DRM books on the e-ink screen.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:06 AM   #22
stevesr0
Connoisseur
stevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
If I have enabled the Adobe registration (I don't remember), I should be able to check that in some way on my Pocket Edge, no?

I will have a look at it.

Thanks.
stevesr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #23
sundy58
sundy58 began at the beginning.

Device: pocket eDGe
Worked like a charm!
sundy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #24
TAUMULLER
TAUMULLER began at the beginning.

Device: POCKET EDGE
help

I just got my pocket edge and yes I also am having registration problems. I have read all the posts and tried the bypass by tapping the 4 corners.. no acknowledgement. I am not sure if it is working properly. Here is what I do know. I can turn it on .. the left side or reader side says initializing.. and just keeps displaying this.. dont know if this is correct. The left side powers up to the wireless acces screen... I tried tapping all the 4 corners on every possible screen no reply. The unit sees my network and connects to the network.. updates the time and date.. runs thru the update check screen. But here is were i notice there is no welcome screen.. just the center icon for going to the registration screen.. then I get the code 80 error. I tried the 4 corner thing here.. but it doesnt acknowledge the stylus.. yet it works on the time zone and the registration screen. And the whole time the left side is still initializing.. is this correct. I tried the rest button .. nothing changed. I am at a lost here. I have read everything i can find .. same instructions.. but no change on my unit. I hope somebody can help me... I am newto these things.. but am tech savy.. .
TAUMULLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #25
PCweber
PCweber began at the beginning.

Device: eDGe PE
same thing. I got mine today. The 4 corners pres deal on the WIFI screen does not seem to do anything.
PCweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #26
PCweber
PCweber began at the beginning.

Device: eDGe PE
I got it. Note closely the "BELOW the bar" for top presses and "ON THE BAR" for bottom. that is likely your issue. it was mine.
PCweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #27
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
The 4 corners press deal on the WIFI screen does not seem to do anything.
Video explanation
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #28
mizd
mizd began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket Edge eReader
Thanks Gunnerp, your registration bypass worked perfectly! It put an end to my frustration and now I am able to check out and enjoy my Pocket eDGE.
mizd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:05 PM   #29
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome, mizd!

TAUMULLER, were you able to get yours working??
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #30
UncleShooter
UncleShooter began at the beginning.

Device: Numerous
enTourage Edge not the leading edge however...

I would first like to thank the posters in this forum for helping the people who purchased a Edge and found themselves with no way to register because the enTourage folks took their ball and went away.

The post for clicking on the fours corners counter clockwise sounded like the beginning of a pagan ritual requiring a dead chicken bit it worked and now I can use the device for some basic functions like web browsing, GMail and GReader.

I have a number of tablets as I do some research on them for how to use them for business purposes. No iPads but a bunch of Android devices. Looking forward to hacking the Edge and will do some postings as things progress.

I have a blog but don't know if it acceptable to post the blog name here. I don't sell anything on it and I don't do ad's I just ramble on about things geeks need. Let me know if it is acceptable practice for this forum.

Thanks again for all the help and good luck to all those folks who bought an Edge on Woot just like me.
UncleShooter is offline   Reply With Quote