Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
HelenB
HelenB began at the beginning.

Device: Tapwave Zodiac
Fictionwise now offers tons of LRF formatted e-books

I noticed a few days ago that fictionwise.com is offering tons of Sony LRF formatted books. While it is not listed on the front page as one of the formats, i discovered it when downloading a recently purchased book. I was even able to re-download a previously purchased book (Lone Star: a Texas History) in Sony LRF format. I had previously downloaded in in .pdf format and was disappointed in it's appearance on the Sony Reader.

When I did an Advanced search on Fictionwise, and searched All Categories with format Sony LRF, it found 7,113 entries!! A quick very limited comparison found some books availble from both Fictionwise and the Connect Store, with the Connect store price often being slightly cheaper. There were some LRF books available on Fictionwise that were NOT available on Connect.

I find this pretty exciting.
HelenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:38 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You must have missed the announcement of this a few weeks back . Yes, Fictionwise now offer Sony Reader format as an option for their "multiformat" books. It's available for all new (multiformat) books as they are added, and they're gradually working through their back catalog to add it as an option for older books too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert