Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-02-2022, 04:26 PM   #1
geno2461
geno2461 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
kindle not connecting to calibre 4.15

just upgraded calibre to 4.15 and my kindle will not connect. I'm running Monterey 12.1 on a iMac. Never had this problem until I upgraded calibre.
any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance
geno2461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 04:49 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
4.15 is a very old version.The latest is 6.4. Which Kindle model do you have?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2022, 05:15 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geno2461 View Post
just upgraded calibre to 4.15 and my kindle will not connect. I'm running Monterey 12.1 on a iMac. Never had this problem until I upgraded calibre.
any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance
There is no reason you cannot run Calibre 6. You may find you get on better with it then 4.15 which is very old.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 10:16 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Is there some reason you have not updated Monterey to 12.5.1? What processor is your iMac using? Intel or M1?

Purely for my curiosity, what version of calibre were you running that made 4.15 an update 28 months after it's initial release?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 03:55 PM   #5
geno2461

Just updated Calibre to 6.4 and still nothing. I'm running 3.6 quad-core i7 and didn't think upgrading Monterey would make a difference.

it's a paperwhite, I don't use it so not sure what model.

it usually connects as soon as I plugged into the usb.

Last edited by geno2461; 09-03-2022 at 03:59 PM.
Advert
Old 09-03-2022, 03:57 PM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Just updated Calibre to 6.4 and still nothing. I'm running 3.6 quad-core i7 and didn't think upgrading Monterey would make a difference.

Does your computer see the Kindle?
Old 09-03-2022, 04:28 PM   #7
geno2461

No not showing up anywhere.
Old 09-03-2022, 04:35 PM   #8
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
No not showing up anywhere.
Then it's not a Calibre issue, but an issue with your computer. Try another cable and another port.
Old 09-04-2022, 02:13 AM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
There were and are USB connection issues in macOS Monterey. There were fixes included for some of those issues in the updates to macOS Monterey.

Are you plugging directly to your Kindle or are you using a USB hub? Have you checked your USB cables since there were quite a few reports about issues with older cables not working even when the device being connected was USB 2.

Try a Google search on "macOS Monterey Breaks USB" for instance.

Last edited by DNSB; 09-04-2022 at 02:16 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 05:20 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

delete post

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-04-2022 at 05:24 AM.
Old 09-04-2022, 05:24 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

it usually connects as soon as I plugged into the usb.
Given the USB issues with Monterey, it would be a good idea for you to update it to the latest version.
Old 09-04-2022, 05:49 AM   #12
valparizzo
valparizzo began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is no reason you cannot run Calibre 6.
we're still hundred(s?) millions using windows 7 (and still more numerous that W11 users ^^ ), I know, we're the baddies, the dumb & dumber & dumbest, but still, we should be able to make it alive till 2026.
https://www.ghacks.net/2022/07/15/it...y-three-years/
valparizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 11:14 AM   #13
geno2461

So just upgraded Monterey to the latest and tried every port and 3 different cables. iMac still not connecting to the Kindle.

Thanks for all the advice not sure where to go next.
Old 09-04-2022, 11:20 AM   #14
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
So just upgraded Monterey to the latest and tried every port and 3 different cables. iMac still not connecting to the Kindle.

Thanks for all the advice not sure where to go next.
Try connecting via an USB-2 hub.
Old 09-04-2022, 11:37 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by valparizzo View Post
we're still hundred(s?) millions using windows 7 (and still more numerous that W11 users ^^ ), I know, we're the baddies, the dumb & dumber & dumbest, but still, we should be able to make it alive till 2026.
https://www.ghacks.net/2022/07/15/it...y-three-years/
Even if MS is still going to support Windows 7, Calibre 6 will not.