Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
Hanno
Hanno began at the beginning.

Device: Hanvon N516
Translating OpenInkpot is easy! How to contribute your language to OI.

Hi,

with the next release coming closer, this article is a short reminder that even for a non-programmer, it is very easy to contribute a translation to the OpenInkpot project. So if you want the OI e-reader GUI in your language, just translate it yourself and everybody else speaking your language will benefit.

Just follow the instructions of the Localization Guide and register for an account in the web-based translation tool Transifex.

It shouldn't take much longer than an evening of work, since the GUI is made of only a few text strings. Even the longer help texts aren't that long.

(Note: If I remember correctly, right-to-left text rendering is still being worked on, so languages requiring rtol will not work at the moment.)

Regards,

Hanno

Last edited by dottedmag; 03-19-2010 at 05:20 AM. Reason: links updated
Old 10-22-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
I will take a look at this saturday evening. I promise!
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 10:30 AM   #3
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I contributed French, German and Italian translations.
I would like to get automatic mails informing me new text strings have been added, or other text strings modified, to know when I must update my translations.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
Hanno

I just look on Transifax every now and then. Yes, a notification for changes would be nice.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:30 AM   #5
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
I don't know if it is an issue that I use Mac OS X, but I can't upload my .pot files - Even if I haven't even opened them!
Advert
Old 10-23-2009, 11:54 AM   #6
Hanno

You can ask for help on the irc channel. If you wish you can send it to me, as well, and I'll try to find out what's wrong with your file.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #7
div3rsion
div3rsion began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook One
I've translated gm to Dutch, working on FBreader now. Rest will follow asap.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:14 AM   #8
sbring
sbring began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook One
I have made some Swedish interface translations, and also found some errors in them. However, I have found no way to edit files already in Transifex. How is it done?
Old 04-28-2010, 08:40 AM   #9
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Erm, did you *login* first?
Old 04-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #10
sbring

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
Erm, did you *login* first?
Yes, I did. That wasn't the problem, but I finally figured what to do.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:07 PM   #11
Shuntya
Shuntya began at the beginning.

Device: N510
I am almost done with the Spanish translation, but I have a doubt.... what does LP mean? I think the translation is probably the same, but I'm not sure where in the OI GUI is it.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #12
sbring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuntya View Post
I am almost done with the Spanish translation, but I have a doubt.... what does LP mean? I think the translation is probably the same, but I'm not sure where in the OI GUI is it.
I had the same problem until I found out that it means "Long Press" (press and hold).
Old 04-29-2010, 05:06 PM   #13
Shuntya

ahhh..... ok ok ok. Got it :-)

Now... how the hell should I say that in Spanish? (yeah, Im from Spain, it's my mother tongue, but still, finding the right translation is sometimes tricky, hahah)

Thanks !
Old 04-29-2010, 05:19 PM   #14
Shuntya

I just went to the Russian translation and checked what did the original creator use :-) Pulsación Larga sound just right.

Spanish translation done !
Old 03-26-2011, 04:02 AM   #15
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
You guys need Finnish translations?