Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
WillieMcIntyre
Enthusiast
WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle
Mark Twain - Autobiography

I'm a fan of MT and when I heard an excerpt from his autobiography (released after 100 years) on the radio, I thought I had nothing more to do then simply visit Amazon and buy for my newly acquired Kindle; however, there seems to be an awful lot of versions going about at all sorts of prices. Anyone know which is the best? I don't mind paying, I just don't want to pay twice.
WillieMcIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
gollu
Unsullied
gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieMcIntyre View Post
I'm a fan of MT and when I heard an excerpt from his autobiography (released after 100 years) on the radio, I thought I had nothing more to do then simply visit Amazon and buy for my newly acquired Kindle; however, there seems to be an awful lot of versions going about at all sorts of prices. Anyone know which is the best? I don't mind paying, I just don't want to pay twice.
Shouldn't it be in the public domain and for free? It's been more than 70 years since the author's death.
gollu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
The one you hear an excerpt from and the one to buy is the recently released first volume of what will be a 3-volume set from the University of California. Here is the link to the Kindle version of The Autobiogrpahy of Mark Twain.

This is not in the public domain. Twain's will prohibited publication of the unexpurgated version until 100 years after his death. Other versions of his autobiography are expurgated versions.

For an excellent review of the first volume (which is all that has been released so far), see "His Own Best Straight Man" by Andrew Delbanco in The New York Review of Books.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #4
WillieMcIntyre
Enthusiast
WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.WillieMcIntyre can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle
Cheers Richard. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
WillieMcIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote