Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 06:25 AM   #23446
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Isn't it overly sweet ?
Doesn't seem any sweeter to me than coke or pepsi.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #23447
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Tea - Green, Matcha
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #23448
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
A lovely day! Today is the start of the second week of holiday (we have like a month off ) and I seem to be getting back on track with reading after a devastating slump

To vary it, I'm having soymilk (capuccino flavor).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Two days in a row?!?
Are you becoming a Red Bull addict? I like the taste of Red Bull, but for some reason it's VERY expensive here.
I'm pretty sure I didn't have Red Bull yesterday... Anyway, there's a whole case (now missing 2 cans) waiting so don't be surprise if I'm redbulling for days straight

Is there anything cheap in Japan? I got this case (24 cans, locally made) for roughly $9. At this price I'm tempted to get another one

(I'm an addict to diversity, unlike someone here who has Bombay Saphire every single night )

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I have never tried a Redbull. Don't know why, I have just never considered it as an option when choosing a drink.
I didn't like it too until recently. Suddenly it turned super tasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
A bit more... Caffeine, Taurine, Glucuronolactone, B-Vitamins, Sucrose, Glucose and Alpine Spring Water. It seems that the Taurine combines with the Caffeine to produce some extra physical response that caffeine and sugar alone don't do, (or so it was explained to me.) I can drink Coca Cola til it runs out my ears and still go to sleep. But one bottle of Red Bull and I'm moving on all eight cylinders for the next few hours! I really can't attest to the physiological reasoning behind it, but I'll swear to the results it has on my bod!

Stitchawl
That's why I always have some cans in store in case anything comes up and I have to stay up late. The idea of stuffing sugar in my body at 2 am isn't a nice one, but it does keep me going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Isn't it overly sweet ?
Now, what are you talking about? the sweetness is just about right
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #23449
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Empty! Time for Coke Zero #2
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #23450
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Coffee - Black #4
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #23451
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
Is there anything cheap in Japan?
Disposable hand warmers. They are as cheap as rust...

Time for a late evening cup of hot water, then off to visit with Winken, Blinken, and Nod. Or is it The Pony Man?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #23452
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Tea #1. Then, off to spend the afternoon with a bunch of horses.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #23453
gridlewak
Enthusiast
gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox
Green tea with lemon. Cup #2
gridlewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #23454
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
welcome!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #23455
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Mocha Latte in my Christmas Mug!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #23456
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Black coffee in a travel mug...not nearly as fun as VydorScope
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #23457
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
And some pu-erh tea to settle down and relax with.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #23458
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Cappuccino in my cup, nicely complemented with a 'koffiekoek' (don't know the English word: coffee cake? viennoiserie?) which I made myself last night, in class

We had a pretty 'rough' weekend. We want to move to a cheaper apartment near our piece of land so we can save some more money. Saw something great this weekend, but when we called to tell them we wanted to rent it they told us another couple had already signed the papers ...
When we told our parents, they said they would be happy to take us in for a couple of years. They live nowhere near our future house, but the 'rent' they ask is just ridiculous! If we move in with them, we can save 1000€ each every month! So that's at least 24.000€ just in one year, and we could really use that money for our house. It also means no household chores while we are building!
Of course, we'd only have one room, hardly any privacy, going to work will take us a lot longer. And we'd have to hope our cats and my parent's cat will get along ...

So we really don't know what to do. Any thoughts? Advice is more than welcome!
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:48 AM   #23459
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
[QUOTE=Iridal;2411821...
When we told our parents, they said they would be happy to take us in for a couple of years. They live nowhere near our future house, but the 'rent' they ask is just ridiculous! If we move in with them, we can save 1000€ each every month! So that's at least 24.000€ just in one year, and we could really use that money for our house. It also means no household chores while we are building!
Of course, we'd only have one room, hardly any privacy, going to work will take us a lot longer. And we'd have to hope our cats and my parent's cat will get along ...

So we really don't know what to do. Any thoughts? Advice is more than welcome![/QUOTE]

Guess it depends on how well you get on with them. Can you try it for a while and get somewhere else if it doesn't work? You could use the excuse of needing to be nearer your house block to save hurt feelings.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:59 AM   #23460
GeoffC

Black Coffee #1

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?