Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #76
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I had to give up Chrome due to Chrome suckage.

I can mange the FF memory usage fairly well. But I cannot manage the Chrome suckage at all without a total rewrite of Chrome.
BTW, I just noted your new title. I don't know when you added it, but wear it proudly!

Do you shut down at night? I don't, I run until I can't. If I shut down at night, the morning routine for me is just untenable. We have crews literally everywhere, running 24/7, so Dropbox synching alone, never mind everything else I do, would take forever. With FF, it would start crashing constantly after about 36 hours. Chrome gives me another few days. Not precisely sure why, but...{shrug}. It is what it is. Horses for courses, and all that.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
BTW, I just noted your new title. I don't know when you added it, but wear it proudly!

Do you shut down at night? I don't, I run until I can't. If I shut down at night, the morning routine for me is just untenable. We have crews literally everywhere, running 24/7, so Dropbox synching alone, never mind everything else I do, would take forever. With FF, it would start crashing constantly after about 36 hours. Chrome gives me another few days. Not precisely sure why, but...{shrug}. It is what it is. Horses for courses, and all that.

Hitch
I got the title from you. I thought it worked fairly well, so I went with it for now. Thanks.

I don't shut down the desktop. But I do restart FF every so often. I do so by turning off Flashblock, restarting, tuning FB back on and restarting. That restarts without loading all the tabs. So it doesn't take long at all to do and it works well. Takes just a few minutes at most.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #78
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I got the title from you. I thought it worked fairly well, so I went with it for now. Thanks.

I don't shut down the desktop. But I do restart FF every so often. I do so by turning off Flashblock, restarting, tuning FB back on and restarting. That restarts without loading all the tabs. So it doesn't take long at all to do and it works well. Takes just a few minutes at most.
Yes, I thought I recognized that vernacular. Cool!

Well, shutting down my browsers, with all the SAS I run is near to shutting down my system, although it's true that at least my Dropbox and Cloud Storage wouldn't have the synch issue. It's an idea.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #79
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I keep my machine on 24/7.
I don't have much in the way of addons, ABSOLUTELY NO anti-spyware toolbars.

I have to be vigilant, as every flash,adobe... update tries to slip a tool bar in there (they ask with the default=yes..just hoping you just click Install). Eyball Mk I is my 'safe search' toolbar. 'Free, just click here' is a red flag. Nothing is free (I suspect even MR gets some honest revenue, somewhere from my usage.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #80
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yes, I thought I recognized that vernacular. Cool!

Well, shutting down my browsers, with all the SAS I run is near to shutting down my system, although it's true that at least my Dropbox and Cloud Storage wouldn't have the synch issue. It's an idea.

Hitch
I do run Tab Mix Plus which is a great add-on for managing tabs. And Flashblock for preventing unwanted flash. Also addblock plus is a godsend. It works better on FF then Chrome. On FF it blocks the advert and removes it from the code before the browser sees it. On Chrome, it's blocked after it's downloaded. Not as neat a solution especially for one on a limited connection.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #81
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
Well, this is an old one... nevertheless.
Frustrated with Toxaris CleanHtml macro (I certainly don't intend to learn MS VBA only to do the same thing in LO VBA ), I decided to do something else where I can make a complete fool of myself .
I find default.epub a "must have" feature - so comfortable changing of unique ID would be a nice thing - so I went into Sigil source.
It was a little bigger journey than assumed... but it's my first venture into C++ (and Qt!) - so perhaps I exaggerate.

It would be nice if Devs would take a look at it and point out what I did wrong (ncx thing?). Nevertheless it works so far and I intend to use it!

So here is the patch to official git commit 9e50f3c7c405a4272eb5e3d76e92f1a879b9b027 (at the moment latest) . I've put this thing into Metadata Editor, picture attached.

It uses standard Sigil method to generate new unique uuid.

usage (linux): cp /whatever/reuuid.patch /yourSigilGitFolder/. ; cd /yourSigilGitFolder; patch -p1 < reuuid.patch ; compile as usual.

Of course making default.epub settings standard by Sigil File->New menu item would be better solution but at the moment it's not a journey I'm willing to take.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ME.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	108626  
Attached Files
File Type: zip reuuid.patch.zip (3.2 KB, 206 views)
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:30 AM   #82
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by varlog View Post
Frustrated with Toxaris CleanHtml macro (I certainly don't intend to learn MS VBA only to do the same thing in LO VBA )
I don't know what this has to do with it, but fine. Don't get frustrated when something created for program A does not work on program B...

Good work on the UUID patch I guess. Never run into it myself, but if I look at the thread there is some demand for it.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #83
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
so... well... for all that want to have new uuid generated bei opening "default.epub" and don't want to play with Sigil source there is this simple solution.
Linux (Ubuntu):
Rename "default.epub" into "default.zip"
Open "default.zip" with Archive Manager
Navigate to /OEBPS/content.opf and open it with text editor
Remove line <dc:identifier id="BookId" opf:scheme="UUID">urn:uuid: ... </dc:identifier>
Save
Archive Manager will ask if it should update file in archive "default.zip", confirm and quit
Rename "default.zip" to "default.epub".
Windows:
Something similar probably

Now every time you open "default.epub" Sigil will generate <dc:identifier> line with new uuid value.

On alas side:
Sigil will generate line: <!-- Your OPF file was broken so Sigil tried to rebuild it for you. --> in content.opf
toc.ncx is not immediatly updated.
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:36 AM   #84
ibu
Addict
ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo H20, iPhone 6+, Macbook Pro
I like to suggest this feature:

[x] No creation of an UUID, if an ISBN or another ID exist in the metadata
[x] Delete UUID, if an ISBN or another ID is entered in the metada

Of course inside the ISBN (or other ID) entry
id="book-id" (or BookID - I prefer it, when all values are in small letters)
has to be added.

What do you think of it, please?
ibu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uuid