Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 05-14-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Changing Keyboards on the fly (rooted)

One of my (very few) frustrations with my rooted Nook Color running Eclair is that the only way to change the keyboard seemed to be using the NookColor Tools application. You can't just hold down your finger in a text box and get a dialog to change the keyboard as you can in Froyo. (This may matter more to me than to others because my main keyboard doesn't do some things normal keyboards do.)

Today I discovered a solution that makes changing the keyboard as easy as in Froyo. I've been using the version of Softkeys that Autonooter installed. Today I updated to the current version (Android Market has it.)

The newer version also pops up a D-Pad AND lets you set up "custom keys" under the D-Pad. Just for fun I assigned "Sym" to a custom key. I assumed it would bring up a table of symbols or some such. Nope. It brings up the standard "Select Input Method" dialog (exactly like the dialog in Froyo) and lets you change keyboards on the fly.

I'm sure some of the keys do interesting things as well, but I couldn't figure out what. Anyone else know what some of the other keys do.

A few that I tried did nothing I could see

"Explorer"
"Notification" (opened the notification window)
"Envelope"

Anyone know what these keys do or have other interesting keys to suggest?
slm is offline   Reply With Quote