Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
MCover for Kindle 2 International

Received this yesterday - not bad for the price I guess, if you don't want to be completely sealed up like a KlearKase (which is not available for despatch to the UK anyway).

There were a couple of moulding marks or transit scratches which I think probably show up worse on the clear than on the colours they offer. I am hoping these won't show as much when I get the black skin on there. I don't usually advocate too much packaging, but it could do with the two separate halves of the case having their own plastic bag or bubble wrap so they don't knock against each other in transit.

The top and bottom corners have a rectangular moulding mark on which I was convinced was tape and tried to peel off for 5 minutes to no avail - it looks a bit amateur but doesn't affect the functionality of the case and again, I hope it won't show so much with a black skin underneath. You can see these reasonably well on Picture 1 (along with my custom screensaver of my lovely hubby!). The scratch above the Previous Page key doesn't show that great on here. The second picture is the pull out stand - which I use when eating my lunch at work (these shots are taken at my work desk).

It creaks a bit at odd times but the hard screen protector is the seller for me - I hate those plastic/vinyl things as no matter how much I spend and how much time I spend putting them on, I find they bubble and/or distort the text on the e-ink screen below. I can now just drop the Kindle in my handbag and away I go. I will probably make some sort of fabric pouch - or get on Etsy - but it isn't strictly necessary.

The hard screen protector does cause some reflection but I think it is worth it for the protection in my bag. The whole thing is not much heavier either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_062[1].jpg
Views:	164
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	55222   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_063[1].jpg
Views:	156
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	55223  

Last edited by suecsi; 07-15-2010 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Photos added
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Can you please post a link for others to see your new cover?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #3
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Finally worked out how to upload photos so there you go!
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote