Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
BarryR
Connoisseur
BarryR doesn't litterBarryR doesn't litter

Device: Color Nook
Which cable for a Color Nook?

Strangely, I couldn't find specific information on this anywhere.

I want an extra data cable for syncing my Color Nook to the PC. I realize there are quick-charging issues that won't be supported.

I don't want to pay B&N $15 for a cable and figured I'd order one off ebay or somewhere. What exactly do I need to order? I think it's a Micro USB connector, is that right? Will any "Micro USB" cable work? Should I get a regular (non-color) Nook cable?

I have mini USB cables from my cameras and a smartphone, but those are slightly fat.

Thanks.
BarryR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
bugeyed
Connoisseur
bugeyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 2, PRS-600
I ordered some Motorola adapters on the web. They convert mini to micro USB & cost around $2.50 shipped. That way I can use all my old mini USB cables & be compatible with my other devices that use mini USB.

Cheers,
kev
bugeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryR View Post
Strangely, I couldn't find specific information on this anywhere.

I want an extra data cable for syncing my Color Nook to the PC. I realize there are quick-charging issues that won't be supported.

I don't want to pay B&N $15 for a cable and figured I'd order one off ebay or somewhere. What exactly do I need to order? I think it's a Micro USB connector, is that right? Will any "Micro USB" cable work? Should I get a regular (non-color) Nook cable?

I have mini USB cables from my cameras and a smartphone, but those are slightly fat.

Thanks.
For data transfer any micro USB cable will work.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote