Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
epubs with chapters scrambled

I've come across some epubs with the chapters out of order. Is there a way of putting them in order? In the left panel I can move the html files so they are in order, but on the right panel the chapters are still out of order so that doesn't change the reading order in the epub.
Thanks,
Paul
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3aul View Post
I've come across some epubs with the chapters out of order. Is there a way of putting them in order? In the left panel I can move the html files so they are in order, but on the right panel the chapters are still out of order so that doesn't change the reading order in the epub.
Thanks,
Paul
You need to regenerate the TOC after you change the file order
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2013, 02:09 AM   #3
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
You know I tried that but it didn't seem to work. I tried it again saved the file and it does work! I must have forgot to save the file!
Thanks,
Paul (formally WA4ETR)
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
LGN
Connoisseur
LGN is on a distinguished road

Device: ProMedia eReader, Sony PRS-600
Is there a way to have the TOC automatically generated? I mean, compared to the old version of Sigil it's one more step to take and if you forget to generate it...
Maybe a toggle to turn auto generate on/off.
LGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN View Post
Is there a way to have the TOC automatically generated? I mean, compared to the old version of Sigil it's one more step to take and if you forget to generate it...
Maybe a toggle to turn auto generate on/off.
No
The reason is, TLC

Some folk hand build the TOC (NCX and or HTML) and don't want 1 bit tampered with

The other reason: You should always view (read Check) what you get
The NCX TOC has not changed the number of steps.

HTML TOC was added about Sigil 6, and what changed was where you launched the build, not the number of steps.
Note you do have to build the NCX TOC first
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #6
LGN
Connoisseur
LGN is on a distinguished road

Device: ProMedia eReader, Sony PRS-600
Yep yep, hardly ever needed to check the toc.ncx in the old days.
LGN is offline   Reply With Quote