Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-29-2014, 02:45 AM   #16
MrTeatime
Connoisseur
MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
"The Worm Ouroboros" is available in our library, by the way.
Indeedy; see sig or here

Last edited by MrTeatime; 11-29-2014 at 02:51 AM.
MrTeatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 05:45 AM   #17
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTeatime View Post
Indeedy; see sig or here

You don't say?

Here's another version - a very early attempt - in LRF [Sony] format, from a wily rascal:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ison#post72865

I don't remember what 'defects' it suffers from. Calibre can play with it and get it up to speed, I think.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2014, 08:14 AM   #18
gunbad
Zealot
gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4
Thank you Dr. Drib for this post. I am now two thirds of the way through "The Worm of Ouroboros". It's been a delightful read, something different. I hope the end will not disappoint.

Now I have to contemplate the purchase of the omnibus just released. First I have to get over the price. My Open Road Media purchase of "The Worm of Ouroboros" only cost 0.99 cents.
gunbad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:31 AM   #19
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Looking at the covers I have to wonder if they inspired Michael Ende when he wrote "The Neverending Story."
I imagine they were both inspired by the same thing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:45 AM   #20
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbad View Post
Thank you Dr. Drib for this post. I am now two thirds of the way through "The Worm of Ouroboros". It's been a delightful read, something different. I hope the end will not disappoint.

Now I have to contemplate the purchase of the omnibus just released. First I have to get over the price. My Open Road Media purchase of "The Worm of Ouroboros" only cost 0.99 cents.

You're welcome.

My advice is to download a sample of one of those 3 other titles, because they have a different 'feel' than Ouroboros. They're very difficult, as I mentioned earlier, and are an acquired taste.

(Note: I haven't finished reading all of them. I read some of them back when I first purchased them as part of the Adult Fantasy Series, edited by Lin Carter, and published in the late 60s or early 70s.)
Advert
Old 12-07-2014, 09:46 AM   #21
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbad View Post

That's a great price for this professionally published edition.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #22
gunbad
Zealot
gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4
I did look at the sample at Amazon. Unfortunately, the "The Worm of Ouroboros" is the sample because it is listed as a prequel to the others stories.

Now that I think of it there are two of the ebooks published individually. I'll have a look at their samples.

Last edited by gunbad; 12-07-2014 at 10:59 AM.
gunbad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #23
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I never did get around to reading the Zimiamvia books but from what I understand it isn't so much a sequel as a story set in the same world. The character Lessingham, who appears in the frame story of TWO, is a more important character in Zimiamvia.

The only mention of Zimiamvia in TWO is when the characters are on top of a great mountain range and they can see Zimiamvia in the distance. They speak of it as heaven and no mortal man may set foot there.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote