Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-05-2011, 06:19 AM   #1
helenouchkaia
helenouchkaia began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Sigil and epub 3 ?

Hello !

First, congratulations to Sigil developpers ! Thanks to them I could learn quite easily to make epubs !

Does someone know when Sigil will allow to make beautiful epub3 books ? I'm working on iMac.

Thanks,

H.
helenouchkaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:48 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenouchkaia View Post
Does someone know when Sigil will allow to make beautiful epub3 books ?
Sometime in the future.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Hello !

First, congratulations to Sigil developpers ! Thanks to them I could learn quite easily to make epubs !

Does someone know when Sigil will allow to make beautiful epub3 books ? I'm working on iMac.

Thanks,

H.
Slightly OT

While EPUB3 might let you MAKE beautiful books...
Most of us do NOT have devices that READ Beautiful books.

So are you planning on eliminating a good chunk of your potential readership?
I am not against Beautiful Books, only pointing out the reality of jumping on the breading edge of a Not Yet Standard.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
It is possible to create an ePub 3 with fall back compatibility so it will work with an ePub 2 reader.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
It is possible to create an ePub 3 with fall back compatibility so it will work with an ePub 2 reader.
That is good to know.
Now if the producers of those books will do so.
There seems to be a tendency to churn books out FAST.
TLC takes time ($) that the big guys dislike.
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 07:36 AM   #6
helenouchkaia
helenouchkaia began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That is good to know.
Now if the producers of those books will do so.
There seems to be a tendency to churn books out FAST.
TLC takes time ($) that the big guys dislike.
The illustrated epub books I make (is "make" a wrong term ?? If so, excuse my bad English !) work with any devices, and that is my work to check it. There is no video or javascript in them, just layouts with illustrations. I'm interested in epub 3 for the the opportunity to make complex layouts with embedded fonts, no hyphenation, page-break or multiple backgrounds / colums for example. I know you can't have exactly the same result on each device but we do our best believe me !

Thanks,
H.
helenouchkaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
The illustrated epub books I make (is "make" a wrong term ?? If so, excuse my bad English !) work with any devices, and that is my work to check it. There is no video or javascript in them, just layouts with illustrations. I'm interested in epub 3 for the the opportunity to make complex layouts with embedded fonts, no hyphenation, page-break or multiple backgrounds / colums for example. I know you can't have exactly the same result on each device but we do our best believe me !

Thanks,
H.