Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-20-2007, 03:41 AM   #1
jukka
jukka began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
commercial comics for e-readers?

Hello everyone!

I've been using ILiad six months now and I have been looking everykind of content for the device. Books and some of the newspaper looks great in ILiad, but one thing which is disturbing me is that I can't find comics for the device. As you all propably know, manga and other kind of cartoons are very popular in Japan, but does anyone know is it possible to purchase (or, preferably, free) customised cartoons for ILiad in english!?
In my opinion publishers/authors should try to test this content-type also in Europe and America because the devices are sophisticated enough to represent this content.
If anyone have any idea where to grab comics customised for ILiad, please reply! Thanks!!
jukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:57 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Did you check Adam's comic tools released for the iLiad?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12666

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12582
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:51 AM   #3
jukka
jukka began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Hello and thanks TadW!

Yes, I've noticed the comicstrip downloader earlier. It's a great piece of software for gizmologists like us, respect to Adam B! But still I wonder is any european or american publisher made an opening to the e-market (yes, I know that you can download some cartoons e.g. from Mobipocket, but the number of available cartoon is still quite low).

It would be really interesting to experiment how they would be received in small e-reader test group. I've read from the DeTijd - IBBT, Les Echos and IFRA projects, but they are all focusing to newspapers. Doesn't it sound feasable enough to widen the experiments also to other electronic contents? If even one publisher would lower the prices of e-books and related to the reasonable price, then some other organisation (universities, polytechnics, manufacturers, innovation centers) would be offering e-readers to selected group of participants.

At least that way we would know what kind of content is optimal (and, don't shoot me when I'm sayin, is there such a content?). And from that point onwards device manufacturers and content creators could learn how to build the devices and which kind of content to offer. In my opinion, devices are now functional enough to experiment different kind of content in them.
jukka is offline   Reply With Quote