Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
CribQuilter
Enthusiast
CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I cannot send anybooks to my SD card

I have a 1 gb sd card. I was sending books to it when all of a sudden it now refuses to communicate with the device. I keep getting this error:

---------------------------
ERROR: Error
Error communicating with device
(82, 'The directory or file cannot be created')

It says other things too, but I cannot get it to copy here. I have tried c/ping but it wont copy/paste.

It is doing this with EVERY SINGLE book I have in calibre. I have 773.6MB left on my sd card. I cannot put this on my reader as it is full. I made sure the SD card was formatted in Fat. I have rebooted the computer AND the reader several times. What is going on? I am running 0.6.36 please help me
CribQuilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Either your card is write protected or it has too many file son it. Format it to FAT32 not FAT
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
CribQuilter
Enthusiast
CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

ok off to reformat in fat32.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #4
CribQuilter
Enthusiast

ok that did not work. How do I find out if this is write protected??
Old 02-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try copying a file to it using windows explorer
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #6
CribQuilter
Enthusiast

WHEEW!! I just got done moving the files WOOOHOO. After I reformatted to fat32 I forgot to "reboot". I did that and had no trouble moving the numerous files. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!