Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
afsandiego
Enthusiast
afsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600 and iPhone 3GS
First look of LA Times Newspaper on the Sony Reader

afsandiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Have you compared the screen view to the Calibre converted version?
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Thanks for the images. Is the Sony version a "duplicate" of the p version or of something else? That is, if I went out and bought today's LA Times at the newsstand and compared it to the Sony e version, would the articles be identical and would all the articles that appear in the p version appear in the e version?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
afsandiego
Enthusiast
afsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600 and iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Thanks for the images. Is the Sony version a "duplicate" of the p version or of something else? That is, if I went out and bought today's LA Times at the newsstand and compared it to the Sony e version, would the articles be identical and would all the articles that appear in the p version appear in the e version?
I believe so.. i mean that is the purpose of all of this, make the electronic version be identical to the paper version.. it would be nicer though if they can do updates as the day progress, right!
afsandiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
Gameboy213
Connoisseur
Gameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2 , Kindle Oasis 2018
I just downloaded my first issue onto my 505. I am quite happy with it so far. I have used Calibre for years now and have been using PressDisplay.com for the full paper on my MacbookPro and Blackberry as well.

This is a nice mix of the two. More detailed and 'newspaper' feeling that Calibre but smaller and easier to use than the PressReader stuff.

But $15 a month? Not sure about that. I'm more likely to buy issues .75 a piece when I want to take the paper with me.
Gameboy213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 02:48 PM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks for the info guys.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote