Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
Sapphirepj
Sapphirepj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre How To copy from Disc

Hi,

Newbie to the forum and to Calibre. I have several discs of Kindle books on discs, I've downloaded Calibre all good. But I'm trying to copy entire folders to it and without luck, maybe it can't be done ?

i.e. A single folder on the disc may contain 100 books, surely I don't have to open every single book to then subsequently add to Calibre ?

I'm going to be here all night and some if that's the case
Sapphirepj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
stop__dreaming
Addict
stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirepj View Post
Hi,

Newbie to the forum and to Calibre. I have several discs of Kindle books on discs, I've downloaded Calibre all good. But I'm trying to copy entire folders to it and without luck, maybe it can't be done ?

i.e. A single folder on the disc may contain 100 books, surely I don't have to open every single book to then subsequently add to Calibre ?

I'm going to be here all night and some if that's the case
Try selecting all the books inside the folder and dragging across into calibre?

Not sure if you can copy over a folder itself.
stop__dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I think the easiest method is to use the Add Books button in calibre, then navigate to and open the folder containing the books, select all of the books, and click the Open button. That will add all of the selected books to calibre.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Or click on the little down arrow next to the "Add books" button. From there you can choose two different options for adding books from directories and sub-directories.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Now moved to the calibre forum.

The thread concerned calibre, so it was moved to the calibre forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert