Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-01-2010, 03:01 AM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Opus stuck on 'connected' screen

I have a new Opus (of the coloured series). Within a few days it froze when I connected it to the computer: the computer didn't "see" the device, but after unplugging it the screen kept saying "connected". Resets didn't help. The device would boot, I'd see two boot screens... and back to the "connected" screen, whether it was plugged into the computer or not.

Eventually I did manage to reset *after* plugging the device back in the computer first.

Now I have the same situation, but whether I plug it in to the computer or not doesn't matter. A reset will only get me back to the "connected" screen, but the computer does *not* detect the device.
Tried it on two computers, so it's not the computer that's at fault.

Is this normal for the device?
Is it the weakness of the hardware (which at first sight seems near-identical to that of the Pocketbook, which I've also had hardware trouble with)?
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:06 AM   #2
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Well, what do you know. After about 15 minutes of fruitless attempts, a reset while connected now does work.

I wonder if the battery needed a little recharging, or at least if the device somehow *thought* it did. Because it can't possibly have been empty, I don't think I've ever seen the battery indicator below 90%, and besides I hadn't used it all that much (read one or two books, a couple of hundred pages, nowhere near a 1,000 let alone 7,000).

I'm really starting to pine for the e-readers two generations down from these current models...
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Battery duration is really a joke, but not so much. Try to charge it for quite a lot time one or two time and, if you have problems, send a mail to Bookeen, I think it's the surest action.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:54 AM   #4
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
May I suggest you do Ye Olde Method I used on my Gen3 and also on my Green Opus? Check the disk! You can find the program under preferences for the unit (rightclick the unit icon, preferences, utilities), or on Disk Utility if you're on OS X.

Also, for future memory: if you want to recharge without stopping reading, go into screensaving mode, plug the usb cable in, press the power button, read. I do it with my iPod charger and also one of those external batteries for emergencies (the rechargeable ones; very handy).
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
I thought I may unearth this ancient thread as the problem happened to me yesterday. Stuck on connected, no amount of hard reset helped, exactly as OP described. Not until I found this thread (THANK YOU MR MEMBERS!), plugged Opus into PC and did hard reset while it was plugged in - and then scanned disk for possible problems to fix them. Now it works, touch on wood. So, I thought it may be helpful for others to rehash this if needs be.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2012, 04:02 AM   #6
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
What is your firmware version?
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
What is your firmware version?
The latest I believe, Boo reader 2.1, build 1198
I only bought it sometimes in November last year.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #8
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
How do you scan the disc on an Opus or Gen3 for problems. FYI my computer runs Windows7.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #9
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
How do you scan the disc on an Opus or Gen3 for problems. FYI my computer runs Windows7.
In Windows explorer right click on the drive, select properties, choose the tab tools, and there is error-checking on top.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #10
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking

Jan, I did it exactly as Juliette above described, wouldn't explain it better. And the tip for read while recharging rocks.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #11
Dante is Dead
Dante is Dead began at the beginning.

Device: None
I tried all of the above and none of them worked. I drained the battery and recharged, which solved the problem.
Dante is Dead is offline   Reply With Quote