Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-22-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
PDF dictionary lookup

How (well) does the dictionary lookup functionality work in PDF documents? I am asking about both bought PDF docs, like tech books, and custom-made PDFs made by myself.

Does it use the same Mobipocket dictionary as the Mobipocket reader app? I assume so, but you never know
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
I have used the publicly available dictionaries such as word net and the 1913 version of the Webster dictionary with no problems looking up words in a PDF file. I bought the latest version of the Merriam-Webster dictionary and it also works well. Load the 25 MB file takes a little time initially, but after that, it is pretty fast.

td
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert