Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Los Angeles Times Kindle Edition now available!

Great news for all LA Times fans... the LA Times is now available for the Kindle.

The Kindle Edition of Los Angeles Times contains articles found in the print edition, but will not include some images and tables. Also, some features such as the crossword puzzle, box scores and classifieds are not currently available. For your convenience, issues are automatically delivered wirelessly to your Kindle so you can read them each morning.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...plog_item_link
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:04 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Our campaign worked! I started contacting them in early June. Several of us on the Amazon discussion boards have been passing the contact emails addys around so people would write about having the L.A. Times added.

Quote:
Per your inquiry about LA Times being available on the Amazon's Kindle
like the New York Times, I have forwarded your previous email regarding
this to the appropriate department in order to give them readers'
feedback and concerns.

Thank you for contacting the Los Angeles Times. We appreciate your
interest and readership.

Liz
Los Angeles Times Customer Service
Quote:
Good morning, Debbie.

Thank you for sharing your opinion about the Kindle reader. I will share it with the appropriate segment of our web design team.

Take care.

Last edited by daffy4u; 07-01-2008 at 12:32 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
That's awesome! Could you help us get something like that started for USA Today?
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Our campaign worked! I started contacting them in early June. Several of us on the Amazon discussion boards have been passing the contact emails addys around so people would write about having the L.A. Times added.
OK .... I'm going to have to subscribe to a newpaper now. The LA Times was (is) one of my favorites.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:29 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaggisMacJedi View Post
That's awesome! Could you help us get something like that started for USA Today?
I'll help you get it going but you'll have to start it. Write to the publishers of USA today and report back the response and the email address the reply came from. Then, I will find as many posts as I can in the Amazon forums where people are asking about USA Today and provide them with the email address so that they can write in as well.

A couple of things I believe helped (whether it's true or not) is that I was already a subscriber to the Sunday paper and was able to use my account to make first contact. Also, the fact that the New York Times jumped on board from the start makes for good competition.

Here's my original email to them:

Quote:
comment: I own an Amazon Kindle. I've notice that owners are able to subscribe to a Kindle version of the New York Times but not the Los Angeles Times. I am currently a Sunday only subscriber and part of the reason for that is dealing with the enormous amounts of paper a daily subscription would entail. Currently I access the daily paper via my laptop or the mobile version through the Kindle browser but I would love to have it delivered to my Kindle. If the Los Angeles Times offered a Kindle version, I would subscribe to it in a heartbeat. Thanks.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert