Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #631
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
You're welcome
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:01 PM   #632
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Thank you for the wonderful plugin.
I apologize if it's been discussed earlier, but is it possible to update or edit the page count of the books already on my Kindle without having to resend them? There are the apnx files, but I have no idea how to edit them manually.
The books are mostly sideloaded mobis or azw3, sent via Calibre with page numbers, but I would like to change those numbers now (changed the way the plugin counts pages). Is it even possible without resending 600+ books?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2014, 01:04 AM   #633
rlh3
Connoisseur
rlh3 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
The count pages for .cbr/.cbz files seems to be broken. The error message I get says that there is "No convertible format found."
The other possibilty is that there is a setting somewhere that I have messed up. The plugin works fine with other file formats (epub mainly)
I am running Calibre 1.35 and Count pages 1.6.7
rlh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #634
contezero
contezero began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
HI kiwidude on this page I explained my idea for a plugin based on your count pages:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...118781&page=39
contezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:06 PM   #635
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta for calibre change to Qt5

FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I'm trying to help out by porting some of the plugins I use regularly while kiwidude is busy.

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins.

This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Count Pages-qt5.zip (239.4 KB, 348 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #636
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Thanks David.
This is one I probably use the Most (the other is Quality Check).

I will beat it up on Production Calibre (W32) for you
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:24 PM   #637
Baka no Kami
Baka no Kami is on a distinguished road

Device: Baka no Kami
I looked through the thread a bit, but didn't see if anyone had had this issue before.

I've got a bunch of empty entries in Calibre to keep track of some books (I have a newer nook and books bought direct from B&N are kept in a partition Calibre can't see). I can't get page counts for these. When trying to download counts from GoodReads (the book is linked) I still get the 'no convertible format found'.

So the plugin will only download page counts if there's a actual ebook file attached. It there any kind of workaround for that?
Baka no Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:25 PM   #638
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can only count when there is no DRM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:11 PM   #639
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The first post in this thread has:-

Quote:
The second page count option (added in v1.3) is to download the page count from a web page on the Goodreads.com website for your specific linked edition. This can be used for a book with any formats (or even none). How is a goodreads identifier linked? Either by using the Goodreads metadata download plugin, the Goodreads Sync plugin, or by manually typing a goodreads:xxx id into your identifiers field for the edition of interest. If the edition you have linked to has no page count, you can switch editions using a feature added to the Goodreads Sync plugin.
Failing that drop any text file into the empty book and try again, if it works remove the text file - if push comes to shove then cut & paste from GR, if it can seen.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-13-2014 at 01:16 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:31 AM   #640
Baka no Kami
Baka no Kami is on a distinguished road

Device: Baka no Kami
Yeah, I had seen that. The books are linked so it should be downloading the count, it's just not. I had thought about sticking a dummy text file in the directory, but it's a lot of books. It'll probably be easier to cut & paste from GR.... or just deal with it.
Baka no Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:06 AM   #641
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Baka no Kami- If the 'add a dummy text file idea works' then you could create a csv catalog for the books in question, massage it into a .bat file that adds a text file to each book. See ==>> calibredb — add_format

You only need the id in the csv. Rename to .bat, prepend each line with "calibredb --add_format " and append each line with " anytextfile.txt" so you get something like :

Code:
calibredb --add_format 129 anytextfile.txt
calibredb --add_format 129 mytextfile.txt
Create anytextfile.txt with notepad or something.

Exit calibre and run the bat file.

Later - remove the TXT formats

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #642
ThePage
Connoisseur
ThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 4, eBookwise & Literati
Reading Time for Books

Fictionwise used to provide both a word count and estimated (average) reading time of from xx to yz minutes. Would like to have the latter for books in Calibre Libraries and I consider this plug-in to be the most likely starting place for accomplishing such a task.

Last edited by ThePage; 08-03-2014 at 07:19 PM. Reason: missing word
ThePage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:03 PM   #643
AlphaT
AlphaT began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Hi, since upgrading Calibre to v1.48 I'm getting an error when doing either download or estimate page counts. I'm running v1.6.8 of the plugin. As far as I can tell nothing else has changed in my set up.

This is the error:

calibre, version 1.48.0 (win32, isfrozen: True)
Failed to count statistics: Failed: Count Page/Word Statistics

Count Page/Word Statistics

It had been working perfectly up until now.
AlphaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:31 PM   #644
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaT View Post
Hi, since upgrading Calibre to v1.48 I'm getting an error when doing either download or estimate page counts. I'm running v1.6.8 of the plugin. As far as I can tell nothing else has changed in my set up.

This is the error:

Try reconfiguring the PI (the defined fields to use)
The PI even works for me with the Beta 206.1
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:42 AM   #645
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaT View Post

This is the error:

I'm not see a problem with 1.4.8. But, is that the complete error? There should be a "Details" button to show more info on the error and a "copy" button to copy the error to the clipboard. Using the latter is the best way to get the full details of the error.

And as theducks suggested, with the recent changes, redoing the configuration might fix things.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin