Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-06-2011, 07:32 AM   #106
DutchJohn
DutchJohn began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxxy Tab (7")
Works like a charm! It's fast (especially PDF's), lot's of options to customize the reading experience, looks good.

One feature request: i would like to be able to change the cover image of a book in the library as not all of my e-books come with an embedded cover.
DutchJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #107
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
I'm starting to use it, but for me lacks two serious options:

-Dual column mode for epub (in landscape). It was promised but never done. It would be a good option have it in portrait too, like (i2reader in iPad).

-Crop between pages as in GoodReader: you can manually crop a page (different for even and odd) and after that all pages are cropped. It seems a manually specified zoom.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #108
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Question

@Karina

I do not have access to the market, how can I get the trial version? Also, Amazon AppStore has verison 1.1.9 whereas SlideMe has 1.2.1; what is the latest release?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #109
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
@Gunnerp245,

I got it from SlideME, at http://slideme.org/application/mantano-reader.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #110
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
I got mine from Amazon Appstore several weeks back. I'm still waiting to upgrade from 1.1.9. Sigh.
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #111
Karina
Enthusiast
Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Archos 101, Acer Iconia A500, HTC Incredible S...
Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh, Why Not? View Post
I got mine from Amazon Appstore several weeks back. I'm still waiting to upgrade from 1.1.9. Sigh.
I'm really sorry: we've uploaded the 1.2.1 release on Amazon Appstore last friday. I've just sent them an email about this problem. I'll give you the news as soon as I get an answer.

Cheers,
Karina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #112
Karina
Enthusiast
Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.Karina knows the square root of minus one.

Hello rfog,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
I'm starting to use it, but for me lacks two serious options:

-Dual column mode for epub (in landscape). It was promised but never done. It would be a good option have it in portrait too, like (i2reader in iPad).
We did not forget this important feature, but we have many other features to finish before, like the improved selection with handles. We hope being able to provide the dual column mode soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
-Crop between pages as in GoodReader: you can manually crop a page (different for even and odd) and after that all pages are cropped. It seems a manually specified zoom.
We have a manual crop, remembered for all pages but we still do not have (on this specific point) the same level of usability as GoodReader, that's right. We only define a crop percentage which applies on each edge. Also, the ability to define different crops for odd and even pages is handy. We'll implement this in future releases.

Cheers,
Old 07-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #113
Karina
Enthusiast

One more detail to everyone: we are carefully following this thread but sometimes we do not have much time to answer: please don't worry, most of the requests are taken into account (selection improvement, integration with dictionaries...).

Cheers
Old 07-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #114
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I have a question on themes: I feel that the default font size is too large, and would like to decrease it somewhat. But any change I make is cancelled after I close a book and open another one.

Is there a setting I am missing that would keep the font size at a constant rate?
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #115
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karina View Post

Hello rfog,
We did not forget this important feature, but we have many other features to finish before, like the improved selection with handles. We hope being able to provide the dual column mode soon.

Cheers,
You have two column mode for landscape for quite some time. But it works only if font is small enough. Put your device in a landscape mode, decrease the font size (scroll from top to down), at some point it switches from single to double columns.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:54 AM   #116
Karina
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
You have two column mode for landscape for quite some time. But it works only if font is small enough. Put your device in a landscape mode, decrease the font size (scroll from top to down), at some point it switches from single to double columns.
Yes that's absolutely right. But we want to go further and provide a more controllable and convenient 2-columns mode, suitable for PDFs and Epubs.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:14 AM   #117
Karina
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
I have a question on themes: I feel that the default font size is too large, and would like to decrease it somewhat. But any change I make is cancelled after I close a book and open another one.

Is there a setting I am missing that would keep the font size at a constant rate?
Yes, as you noticed, the font size is currently an option associated to the currently opened book itself, and not associated to the theme. When you close the book and reopen it, this setting is restored for this book but not applied to other books. I see two (complementary) ways to improve it:
  • Add a "Default font size" option in the general application settings
  • Add a "Font size" option to the theme (with a "default" value switching to the global setting ?)
This option (be it global or specific to the current theme) could be automatically changed when the user changes the current font size thanks to the vertical swipe gesture or thanks to the "Display settings" dialog box.
We'll add this to our TODO-list
Old 07-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #118
flangefrog
flangefrog began at the beginning.

Device: Huawei IDEOS u8150
I want to try this reader as I'm currently using Aldiko and the cover art isn't showing up for any books without DRM and it is also very slow.

The problem is that the android market says that Mantano is not compatible with my phone (Huawei IDEOS u8150).
I have installed a custom ROM onto the phone which has known problems with some apps from the android market, but I have applied a fix which was also tested by other users, so I don't think this is the problem.

I'm guessing that the app might not be available for 320x240 screens at the moment. If so, is this something you would consider supporting?

Thanks, Michael
flangefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #119
Yonathan
Yonathan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by flangefrog View Post
I'm guessing that the app might not be available for 320x240 screens at the moment. If so, is this something you would consider supporting?

Thanks, Michael
Hi Michael,
thanks for your interest in Mantano Reader.

According to the statistics on the Android Market, we are not quite sure that there is a big potential for a small size support.
Thus, we decided not allowing Mantano Reader on small devices. The reason is that we are not happy with our support on those screens and that it is not suited for reading activities.

We apologize for this situation. If we notice a strong interest for it, we may change our mind.

Regards,
Yonathan
Yonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:16 AM   #120
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Tired Mantano on a 7" tablet running Gingerbread, some observations...

- Speed, at 1.2GHz, the app still feels sluggish at times.
- Interface didn't scale up well. (Not sure if a re-work worth it or not since Honeycomb is going to 7" devices later)

Cheers.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote