Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #36331
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Felicity comes in to lay on the bed an hour or two after we go to sleep. (She has to run around like a maniac for an hour first, then eat, visit the litter box, then look out the window for a while.) She has her own spot between us at the foot of the bed, on a folded sarong we put there for her. She will lay down where ever we place the sarong; foot, head, or in between, but she doesn't sleep there. I think of her as our 'Guard Cat.' When ever I wake up during the night, she's wake and watching the door. During the afternoon she'll actually sleep there, preferring her morning sleep inside the closet. She'll only sit on my lap, or next to me, in the early evening, but prefers to sit on my wife's lap while we watch a movie. Cats are weird.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:38 AM   #36332
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Lately Lexie alternates between the baby comforter on my bed and the windowsill. She mostly awake during the night though. This morning I woke up and almost kicked her off the bed because she was sleeping on my comforter (hers is next to my pillow). Which will mean she thinks it's time to wash the cover of her comforter (refolding it so a clean side is up doesn't work with her).

Right now it's 8.36am, it's raining outside so it's the ideal morning to curl up in bed with my Kindle.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #36333
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just got back from the dental hygienist and the dentist. I think that what the dental hygienist does could qualify as torture! But everything is fine so I (hopefully) won't be seeing them until February.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #36334
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I recently switched from one real estate brokerage to another. when I got here I noticed that the computer speed was syrup like, did a speed test and we running along at 0.85 and the office I came from (which is almost right across the street) was at 20. so, I told the powers that be that the connection speeds SUCKED! they asked what they could do, and I said give me permission and I'll get it upgraded, so that was the first project. when that was done they asked if I had any other input. I said, well, while we're at it, this phone system is a dinosaur and there are no longer replacement parts for it. so they said ok, source that out. so I had a guy come in with a bid for 15k. that didn't go over real well, so they asked me if I could find a used system. I found one that I have installed probably hundreds of back in the day for a little over 4k, and just spent the last three days installing it. this is a three story building, 28 desks. boy am I pooped! now I get to go back to pretending like I'm a realtor! (it sure was phone to be a tool user again!)
You Go Girl!! I'm glad you were able to be such an adept Handy[Wo]Man!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #36335
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Some women collect shoes, others go for bags and some, like my sister, have a big bra collection. Me, I seem to have a thing for light fixtures .

I have this really nice lamp on my bedside table, but the base is rather big and combined with my radio/alarm clock there is little space left on the table. Today I was walking around the department store my sister works for and on their tine lamp department I found a wall lamp with a shade and a LED on a flex as reading light. I've seen these lights in hotels and bungalow parks but had yet to find one that was affordable. I bought it with a nice brown shade (doesn't reflect in my tv) for €65, with my sister's discount card, and just put it up. The LED gives a lot of light, the shade a nice indirect light and I've got more space next to my bed .
Old 08-22-2013, 04:45 AM   #36336
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Some women collect shoes, others go for bags and some, like my sister, have a big bra collection.
When you say 'big bra collection' do you mean that she has a few big bras, or that she has many bras (of unspecified sizes)?

I'm looking forward to going to Shrewsbury Folk Festival; camping for three nights with friends and family.

Last edited by Bilbo1967; 08-22-2013 at 04:53 AM.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #36337
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
When you say 'big bra collection' do you mean that she has a few big bras, or that she has many bras (of unspecified sizes)?

I'm looking forward to going to Shrewsbury Folk Festival; camping for three nights with friends and family.
LOL . I'm the one with big bras and she the one with a big collection of bras. She has them hanging on hangers sorted on colour in her closet.

Have fun at the festival!
Old 08-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #36338
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
*Peeks around the door* Umm... I sort of got so excited that I forgot to come back and tell y'all that - I GOT THE LIBRARY JOB! I started last week. Loving it - but man am I busy. I'm holding onto the old job til the 90 day probationary period at the library is over, and then I'll reevaluate and see if I can afford to let the store go. Two salaries may be just too good to let go - we'll see how many hours I can count on at the library.

Last edited by phenomshel; 08-23-2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: typo fix
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #36339
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
*Peeks around the door* Umm... I sort of got so excited that I forgot to come back and tell y'all that - I GOT THE LIBRARY JOB! I started last week. Loving it - but man am I busy. I'm holding onto the old job til the 90 day probationary period at the library is over, and then I'll reevaluate and see if I can afford to let the store go. Two salaries may be just too good to let go - we'll see how many hours I can count on at the library.
Many congratulations.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #36340
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Have a great time! I hope you don't have rain.
Quote:
*Peeks around the door* Umm... I sort of got so excited that I forgot to come back and tell y'all that - I GOT THE LIBRARY JOB! I started last week. Loving it - but man am I busy.
Yay! Thanks for peeking in to let us know. Best of Luck.

Right now, I am getting ready to go out and cut down all my marigolds. I put them in all my pots and garden, then when they die off, I save all the seeds for next year.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #36341
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Marigold murderer! Horticultural homicide! Floral felony!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #36342
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Congrats!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #36343
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Congratulations on landing the library job, Shel. Sounds like the kind of thing you (and several of us) would enjoy and find stimulating, personally enriching, and satisfying by way of helping others.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #36344
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
*Peeks around the door* Umm... I sort of got so excited that I forgot to come back and tell y'all that - I GOT THE LIBRARY JOB!
YIPPEE!!! Congrats, Shel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Call for the Peony Police!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:31 PM   #36345
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Aw, but they were so happy to be removed and to contribute their seeds for new plants next year. Some have been going for more than 12 years.

Now on to deciding what to make for dinner.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?