Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
DazzleSP
DazzleSP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DazzleSP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DazzleSP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DazzleSP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo wi-fi
HELP: screen ink screwed up!

Hi, so I was reading my e-book innocently on my Kobo wifi (not touch), when I turned the page and the screen's ink went all screwy, typically, with the writing being heavily distorted and lower, the screen is almost blank anyway. I have powered off and on, turned a few pages, and noticed the screen appears fine when it renders a new page (half a second) but then goes back to screwy look.

Anyway, I just called and the agent told me my reader screen is kaput. I will see if I can deal with Kobo to get a replacement despite the purchase date of the reader being unknown, but probably more than 1 year ago (warranty).

Anyone else have such an experience?
DazzleSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:51 AM   #2
nesler
Zealot
nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to list
Can you post a couple pictures or a video of what it looks like?
nesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2012, 01:57 AM   #3
DazzleSP
DazzleSP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DazzleSP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DazzleSP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DazzleSP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo wi-fi
here you go... that is a picture of my "home" page. a standard epub page has very very faint ink on it in distorted fashion
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070270.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	87655  
DazzleSP is offline   Reply With Quote