Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
RAH02
RAH02 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition
Library Sync Stalling

I am trying to sync my library and it keeps stalling..is anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?
RAH02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:45 AM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
IME this is always caused by a book that was deleted from the hard drive but is still listed in the Library. Open all the books from the Library and you should be able to find the culprit.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
RAH02
RAH02 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition
Thank you doreenjoy, that was very helpful!
RAH02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:27 AM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm glad it worked for you!
Old 01-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
Dave W
Connoisseur
Dave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-600 & Nook ST w/glow light
Doreen, do you know if Calibre behaves this way? I recently did a hard drive cleanup and deleted a bunch of stuff. The Sony Library behaves as if trying to sync a book, but just hung up. I used this problem to switch over to using Calibre. It appears much more user friendly than the Sony software. I haven't experimented with deleting books yet, but I expect Calibre won't have the same problem.

What I would really like to accomplish is to delete all books I've finished reading from both the reader (600 in my case) and my hard drive. Before deleting, I plan to transfer all my books to an SD card. That way, if I ever want to re-read a book, I can just plug the card into my reader and read away. However, it doesn't look like the Sony Library software would like that approach. I'm hoping that Calibre won't mind.

Any thoughts or experience on this?

Dave W
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 01:18 AM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
Doreen, do you know if Calibre behaves this way? I recently did a hard drive cleanup and deleted a bunch of stuff. The Sony Library behaves as if trying to sync a book, but just hung up. I used this problem to switch over to using Calibre. It appears much more user friendly than the Sony software. I haven't experimented with deleting books yet, but I expect Calibre won't have the same problem.

What I would really like to accomplish is to delete all books I've finished reading from both the reader (600 in my case) and my hard drive. Before deleting, I plan to transfer all my books to an SD card. That way, if I ever want to re-read a book, I can just plug the card into my reader and read away. However, it doesn't look like the Sony Library software would like that approach. I'm hoping that Calibre won't mind.

Any thoughts or experience on this?

Dave W

I don't know how the Sony Library handles titles that are deleted from the Reader, but I believe the library won't re-transfer files that were delete on the Reader side.

I'm not very knowledgable about Calibre, but I don't think there would be any issues with what you're planning.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #7
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I think what you're planning is fine too. When you delete a book on your computer in the Sony Reader Library it only deletes the record inside the Sony software. You have to remember to go delete the copy on your hard-drive. When you delete a book within the calibre software, it can delete the copy from both the calibre library records and your hard-drive simultaneously. So just make sure you back up the copy to the SD card first. calibre will probably be a cleaner and quicker solution for what you are planning to do.

EDIT: When you delete a book on your ereader in the Sony Reader Library, it will actually delete the copy on the ereader. It gives you a reminder warning that if it is your only copy then you are deleting it permanently. My statement above was in regards to book records that are in the Sony Reader Library and linked to copies on your hard-drive. Hope that is more clear.

Last edited by Bookworm_Girl; 01-23-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Added info
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote